Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Grand Design vs Mini Winnie plus?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Grand Design vs Mini Winnie plus?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/20 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

never ever pay sticker,or msrp. the money you save goes in your pocket not theres and never ever think the sales person is your buddy. there after your money.

ORbiker

Springfield, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/20 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RollingRopias wrote:

Hello Group, First time travel trailer buyer here and we are struggling on which rig to get. We are between the GD Imagine 2800bh and the Mini Winnie Plus 28bhss both 2020. The GD is $31,995 and the MWP is $26,995. Both are the lowest price I have ever seen on either. We do like the second door and interior color of the GD more than the MWP but honestly I can not say that is worth $5000. I am wondering if anyone could give me their advice on which of these TT are better quality and build. On paper they seem the same but we want to buy a TT that will last and know we will be taken care of if there are any issues.

Regarding weight and tow vehicle I have an f250 diesel so both rigs are well under our capacity.

Go sit in each one for maybe an hour. Check out every little detail. Imagine you are camping, cooking dinner etc. without the saleman.

We were looking at the GD 376 and the 374 for over a month (on and off). Both are the same floor plan. We also almost bought a Riverstone front living room toyhauler. Sat in it for over an hour. Started noticing that there is a lot of great counter space, but way less storage inside then the Grand Design rigs. We found a GD 2018 374TH-R that love.

It's not the money that should be the decision. Find the right rig for you. KEN

* This post was edited 01/15/20 08:52pm by ORbiker *

I (2-10-05) bought a 2002 F350 CC SWD PSD and a new 2003 Citation 10'8. I have been a tent camper all my life. I wanted more comfort while camping and CraterLake Ski Patrol.
It's time for more space. I purchased a 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015.

mbopp

Henrietta, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, I own a 2017 GD Imagine.
My $.02 - Before GD was bought by Winnebago and before they had explosive growth the build quality was better on the earlier units than the current ones. Ever since they expanded their model lineup under Winnebago I feel the quality has taken a hit.
Are they still worth the price? GD's customer service is still second to none but it's the dealer who can make or break your service experience. But yes, I'd probably go back to GD if and when we upgrade.

2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

lcseds

Chapel Hill, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/20 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Opposite in my area. GD selling all day long around $26K and the Winnie is over $30K. Couple things I don't like with the Winnie is the floor mounted heat registers. Crumb catchers I call them. GD has none on the floor. Another thing I don't like, but is correctable, is my dealer gets them all with fireplaces. That takes away the pantry and extra wardrobe leaving you with precious little space. But, the winnie has some bigger TV's :-). Pluses and minuses to both. If I were buying, I'd lean to the GD for a few extra pluses and a less expensive price. No matter what you choose, cross your fingers for a good one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Grand Design vs Mini Winnie plus?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.