cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rubber Roof

5thwheeltowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I have a 2009 Jayco RLTS fifth wheel and the white on rubber roof is black in a few places on the roof looks like the white is wearing off so on 9-21-19 I applied Dyco 890 shield and seal to all the affected areas. Now here it is January in Pa and the stuff is coming loose flapping on the roof like paper. Is there any better product I could purchase that would stay on?
7 REPLIES 7

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Please do not post the same question in more than one forum. See any new replies to your question here.
Thread closed.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

5thwheeltowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello has anyone ever used flex seal on the rubber roof? One person told me Henry's Trop I Cool from Home Depot never heard of that but I will look for it and try. Just want something that works the stuff is expensive and when it peels off is a waste of time and money thankyou for any help

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I used Henry's Trop I Cool on mine with good results. I did the entire roof. This can be purchased or ordered from Home Depot. I'm not sure if the product you used was compatible with your roof. You'll have to wait till spring now.
Brian

yankeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to spend the money check RV Armor.
Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Agree. Preparation with anything is the key. The less the surface has deteriorated the better also. Too often people put off maintenance way too long. The result is a much bigger & more costly job to make it right again.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Didnโ€™t you ask this at 9 am today? Two of us answered.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
The secret to any material sticking to the substrate is "Preparation". The preparation of the substrate must be impecible or even the "best" stuff Will peel off.