cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orlando area long term recommendations

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
I accepted a position in Orlando and we are going to be doing some interim living in a 5th wheel for 2-8 months, depending on if we buy or build a home. I know there are more RV / trailer parks in the area than what pop up on basic campground searches. Many are targeted towards full time customers.

Any recommendations that offer a safe, secure location with some level of affordability?

Thanks
OJ
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HDโ€™s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW
11 REPLIES 11

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
a64armt wrote:
Thanks for all the recommendations. We found a snow birding couple at Elite resorts at Citrus Valley who are headed home just about the time we will be rolling into Central Florida. The drive with traffic will be a little burdensome in the afternoon (I-4 to Osceola Pkwy or 192, then 27) but the park is a great place.

Thanks again for the advice.

OJ

Depending on where in Orlando you will be working, another option getting home is to take 408W to the turnpike North and the Rt 50 to 27. Then head south on 27 to the campground. I work in East Orlando and live in Clermont. The only downfall is you have to pay tolls, but the traffic is much easier than I-4 and 192, especially at rush hour in the afternoon heading towards 27.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the recommendations. We found a snow birding couple at Elite resorts at Citrus Valley who are headed home just about the time we will be rolling into Central Florida. The drive with traffic will be a little burdensome in the afternoon (I-4 to Osceola Pkwy or 192, then 27) but the park is a great place.

Thanks again for the advice.

OJ
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2008 Ford F250 CC KR 6.4 Diesel - Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/wireless air, Bilstein 4600 HDโ€™s, Hellwig BigWig Sway bars, Pullrite Super Rails, Hensley BD3
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
If you were not looking to stay during the months of January to March, you should have many, many places to choose from.

Agreed. We do the Thousand Trails + Trails Collection hop starting in November. By the time the start of April rolls around, we can get into anywhere that we want.

Makes for a nice cheap year of stays- about $800/year for us (after our initial $5,000 investment 4 years ago). But, you have to move every 2-3 weeks.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
If you were not looking to stay during the months of January to March, you should have many, many places to choose from.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t think we will be there with an RV until Mid-late April, I will be bouncing back and forth between old and new position until then.

Yea, I wasnโ€™t confident a 55+ community would allow a young whipper-snapper like a 47 y/o in with our raving foam parties, wife-swapping orgies and increased affinity for technology.... lol. Iโ€™ll have to see.

OJ
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
There is Kissimmee South MH and RV Resort. A friend of ours lives there and works at Disney in the winter. I think it might be 55+ but not sure they'd give you a "waiver."

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Clerbrook, mentioned above is nice. Clermont has some other campgrounds such as Thousand Trails, Lake Magic, Outdoor Resorts and Elite Resorts at Citrus Valley. The key thing will be availability as the snowbirds are still down here.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

a64armt
Explorer
Explorer
I will be working near Universal and Sand Lake Rd. Clermont isnโ€™t bad, anywhere in The Orlando area will be a 30-90 min drive depending on time of day.

I was hoping for a 55+ community that would give us a waiver since we are 47 with no kids.

Thanks
Vincent
Orlando, FL
2014 Lifestyle RV LS36FW

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
which area of Orlando? Which side?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
There is also the Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort in Clermont which is about 25 miles from Orlando. Just my $.03.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Your gonna have to back away from Orlando an Kissamee and into the smaller surrounding towns.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.