cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winch Option with the Tremor Package

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Winch option is now available with the Tremor package.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
6 REPLIES 6

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
"It pulls it like it's nothing". I like the videos these guys do but this demo was kind of dumb. A 15K rolling load isn't a test at all, especially since you could put that Kenworth on a gooseneck flatbed and pull it up the Ike with that F250 diesel with no trouble at all. I'm pretty sure my ATV winch can pull a 15K rolling load on flat terrain, although I would have to anchor the ATV to something.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
librty02 wrote:
Vanished wrote:
I think it's a great option for a tow vehicle.. I betting the people knocking it have never been off the pavement with a trailer or stuck in a field. ha ha I've had three trucks (power wagons) with winches and loved the 'safety' factor

Exactly...let it rain for a few days and after you want to pull that trailer out of a grassy soaked field where all 4 tires are doing nothing but spinning...been there done that...a winch would of came in very handy.

And also today there are a lot of people out there with $70k trucks and $70k jeeps off-roading them all the time beating the **** out of them...to some those $70k trucks/jeeps are just their toys

It's their money not mine, more money than brains IMO. The Tremor I looked at the other week had a sticker of close to $82K. My weapon of choice is a 1962 Willys CJ (It has a winch). The places I go you're not getting a full size truck very far in anyway, without a chain saw. Currently I'm not in the habit of jamming a 40', 16K+ 5er back into wet muddy fields, but I guess some people do. Now if I would have pulled the trigger on that Tremor I would get the winch just for the lookie what I have factor lol.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Vanished wrote:
I think it's a great option for a tow vehicle.. I betting the people knocking it have never been off the pavement with a trailer or stuck in a field. ha ha I've had three trucks (power wagons) with winches and loved the 'safety' factor

Exactly...let it rain for a few days and after you want to pull that trailer out of a grassy soaked field where all 4 tires are doing nothing but spinning...been there done that...a winch would of came in very handy.

And also today there are a lot of people out there with $70k trucks and $70k jeeps off-roading them all the time beating the **** out of them...to some those $70k trucks/jeeps are just their toys
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

Vanished
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Ford F350 4x4 diesel DRW
2021 Grand Design Momentum 28G

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
I guess a winch is a good thing to have for when you need to pull semi's around, or if you're into taking new $75K+ trucks and beating them off of rocks in the desert, or as around my area taking them up in the mountains and bouncing them off of oak trees on some old narrow tram road.

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
Nice option, but as said around the 3min mark, doesn't demonstrate much...

If they set the parking brake, it'll at least create around 4000 lbs of drag. Assuming empty tandems weigh 5000 lbs, and 80% coefficient of friction.