cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mariposa crossing heading north

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to cross north manana at Mariposa hauling a trailer. Which lane should I use?
11 REPLIES 11

kleenflo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your help guys.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Kleenflo. That is known as the bus route. It is doable but not easy. Colossio is a major street and no problem. But when you follow the last sign that says Mariposa it is tricky. The bridge? hassigns warning of height. But it is high enough
There are 2 tight lanes
If there is a lot of traffic be aggresive. Usr the left lane or hog both lanes. On the right side is a covered sidewalk. The tube beams for the cover stick way out beyond the curb. The road curves and you maydamage the side of your rig.Many of the buses blow out the windows. If the traffic is light you canfly right thru. Do not let the Mexican cars push you to the right. I do not why homeland security will not take out one barrier on the toll road
I went on the bus route Xmas day. No other vehicles. Was great. Maybe if you crossed at 6 am???

Moisheh

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Playboy. After you left the secondary area how did you make the left turn to get on the road?

I never entered secondary, I exited on the left side of secondary

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Playboy. After you left the secondary area how did you make the left turn to get on the road?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you made it ok. I font know why they do not take out one more barrier. A large RV might bot be able to follow your route.

kleenflo
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds pretty good. That was my main concern about going through the car lines. I went through 2 yrs ago with truck only , and I couldn't remember how tight the car lanes were. But if the officer will move the barriers then that solves that problem. Thanks.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I crossed a couple of days ago pulling my trailer. There was no way I was able to cut across traffic to the bus lane as Moishe suggested.

I just got in line in the middle. Once the officer finished with me, He led me to the left side of secondary and moved some barriers out of the way. That gave me a straight shot out.

kleenflo
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh,
If I were to drive part ways into Nogales and hang a left on colossio, I see on google earth that it would take me all the way up to Mariposa. It looks like I would come out on the far right by the bus route and not have to cross traffic to get there... Meaning over to the right...

I will be crossing with a 30' 5r. Do you think that this will work, or am I missing something? I have crossed with a truck only in the car lane, but never pulling a 5r.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
You could cross from the toll road buttake the bus lane
It is well marked. . Extreme right lane you will be between those ridiculous jersey barriers. There is an opening that will allow you to move into the bus lane.

Moisheh

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
F350 crew cab dually pulling a 16 foot trailer

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
How big is the trailer? 5th wheel? Long wb truck?
Moisheh