cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Send photo issue ??

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yesterday, Win 10 updated ... Now today, I can email jpeg photos to a person, but cannot receive photos/

I receive a icon, looks like the blueish mountain that indicate attach photos in FB etc ...

But if I click on it, a window opens that tells me we cannot open this file. It has the same label-tag number but won't open.

When I email out a photo, the same icon appears in the sent photo, and I cannot open it there either.

When an email comes in with a photo, it shows the same icon, and I can't open it ...

When I reply or forward to a person that sends me a photo, the message text goes, but no image?

Anyone ever seen this before???

Win 10 Pro on ASUS laptop, w/Outlook
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
14 REPLIES 14

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Uh, I think Google is everyone.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I don't use Google apps simply because of their privacy and security issues. Sometimes I don't want to share everything with everyone. And I don't have to rely on the internet to do everything.
To each their own. I don't have any of your fears and have not experienced any problem having used Google apps since their inception. The Internet is practically ubiquitous so that is also no problem for me. And I am not sharing everything with everyone.

Not Everyone, just Google. :B
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

MrWizard
Monkey 44
Nice to hear you forced the problem
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I don't use Google apps simply because of their privacy and security issues. Sometimes I don't want to share everything with everyone. And I don't have to rely on the internet to do everything.
To each their own. I don't have any of your fears and have not experienced any problem having used Google apps since their inception. The Internet is practically ubiquitous so that is also no problem for me. And I am not sharing everything with everyone.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
Turns out, someone, definitely NOT me, unchecked a box that said - "View senders photos"

Must have happened during the update, because I never, never, never touch any of that stuff without some friend helping, as I'm an un-tech person. Everything worked Wednesday - happened Thursday during an "update" and never worked after it finished. Took me hours to find that one box, because it's really trial -error for me ... I open and look at everything, but touch nothing until I'm sure... Happy, frustrated camper tonight ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for responses guys !!!

Glad you got your problem fixed.

Reminds me of a problem I had last night with my Pixel 3 phone when I noticed that the screen had taken on this peachy/pink background unlike my usual bright while background. After checking everything in the display settings and gave up fixing it I accidentally noticed that the "nightlight" option was on that I had never noticed before. Turned it off and all was normal. It reminded me of my observation that the only thing wrong with a touch screen is that it is a touch screen. ๐Ÿ™‚

Since you mentioned you have a Gmail account, I have to ask the question: Why do you use any Microsoft apps? I only use Windows on my laptop as a platform and have not used any Microsoft apps for years due to issues like yours. I am quite happy with Google apps. I wouldn't even use Windows for a platform except for a few non-Google essential apps for me that work on Windows but do not on Linux that I have on a desktop PC. Another advantage of Google apps for me is that they work on both Windows & Linux platforms.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Turns out, someone, definitely NOT me, unchecked a box that said - "View senders photos"

Must have happened during the update, because I never, never, never touch any of that stuff without some friend helping, as I'm an un-tech person. Everything worked Wednesday - happened Thursday during an "update" and never worked after it finished. Took me hours to find that one box, because it's really trial -error for me ... I open and look at everything, but touch nothing until I'm sure... Happy, frustrated camper tonight ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for responses guys !!!
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
the main difference between win 10 update and ransom ware is that they know how to fix ransom ware.
bumpy
X2

MS has been pushing patches they don't understand with changes and modifications no one wants. We're relying on 3rd parties for a fix.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the main difference between win 10 update and ransom ware is that they know how to fix ransom ware.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Google 'outlook photo'
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Which version of Outlook are you using?
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
The security settings for Outlook may have been changed to block all, or most, attachments. You may need to investigate the security settings to allow all, or some, attachments.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
2oldman wrote:
Possibly the size of the photo is too large, but it should tell you that.

No, it's every photo I send or receive. In Outlook - the person that I send it to, receives the jpeg. But in my sent folder, it shows the small mountain icon, and a click says I cannot open it, even tho the recipient can open it on his end.

If anyone sends me an image, it shows as the same mountain icon, and I cannot open it.

I thought at first some kind of malware or virus - did a scan, nothing.

Then, tried photo on Gmail and it works fine and normal?
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly the size of the photo is too large, but it should tell you that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman