cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Porch light

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
The porch light on our 05o Revolution has died.
Anyone know the bulg number or size,and...do you need to replace the gasket around the ens or anything else?
I'll replace ti with an LED if I can find one that fits inside lens.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
yes an 1156 round or maybe a 921 flat.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
If itโ€™s a 1056/1156 round base automotive single contact bulb, Walmart and most auto parts have an led with the same number. I would use #1156 led.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You'll probably have to open the lens and take a look at the bulb. If you look carefully there might be small indents on the lens where you can use a small flat blade screw driver to pop the cover off. Once you have the bulb out you can match it up at your local auto parts store. The gasket if any should be reusable.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
If you replace the bulb with an LED you may have issues with OTA tv. I replace ours and when I turn on the porch light sometimes the RV signal goes out until I turn the light back off.

Higher priced LEDs have built in voltage regulators that cause the problem, I use the real cheap ones without the regulator.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you replace the bulb with an LED you may have issues with OTA tv. I replace ours and when I turn on the porch light sometimes the RV signal goes out until I turn the light back off.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced ours with a brighter light on a swivel mounting that gives more light out where you want it. Only the top around needs to be "flat" so rain water doesn't get down in behind it. (For aluminum siding issues).

You just use the 12v wires for the OEM light for the new one. Use new holes to screw it on.

In our case the dog portable fenced-in area outside the door was not lit up well by the OEM light, so you couldn't see if they did their business or not at night before bedtime. Now you can see what they are doing from the window.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Any flat-board type LED will have a plug on it that fits the receptacle and should easily fit in the lens. **** incan melted part of my lens.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Any other non-LED lights? Now is the time to replace them all. I like warm white.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just go to a local RV dealer their parts shop will have all sorts of replacement lights, including LED. There is no way for us to know what you have from that minimal description. Take the old one to the dealer.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper