cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help 2018 Equinox

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Chev. Equinox premier every time when I tow 4 wheels down the battery goes dead. What am I doing wrong? No braking system attached,and a hot wire going from the coach to the battery with the center pin on the auto reading 12 volts to ground. Here is my procedure:
1 Engine on shift to N
2 Push switch (no foot on brake) now in ACC
3 Auto lights to off
4 Radio off,button held down
5 Heat off and AC off
6 Turn settings on
7 Turn display off
What am I missing or what am I doing wrong? I will thank everyone ahead of time, Ole B needs help
7 REPLIES 7

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
I did not hook up a second ground to the coach. Question for Dennis. On the coach side of the tender can you hook the negative side to the ground on the car?
Thanks

Escapade
Explorer
Explorer
We have towed our 2018 Equinox for two years. The owners manual recommends starting it every five hours or when fueling. There is a graphic that come on the instrument panel that says it is in battery saver mode. We do not pull a fuse or have a charger from motor-home on it.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems GM keeps fiddling with things. I received an email from them indicating I needed a battery tender installed on mine. I went with an RVI unit and my issue went away. May look into it.......Dennis

RVI Charger
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you hooking up a ground wire to the coach?
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

fuzzyface
Explorer
Explorer
Does the owner's manual require that a fuse be pulled? On my Traverse, a fuse must be pulled prior to towing.
Linda and Mike Kruzin' in a Kountry Star

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
ACC must be on when in "N". Over 13 volts when coach running.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Does the owners manual require you to leave it in the ACC Position? That will kill the battery in a heart beat. Do you have 13+ volts on the Equinox Battery when hooked up to the coach? If the charging line is hooked up properly and powered, you should have 13+ volts on the battery with the coach engine running.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One