cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to us question

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just traded up to a Forest River Blue Ridge 3025RL.
I crawled, poked, and pondered all over it but have one lingering issue. What manuals came with it belonged to a Keystone product but some of the tech manuals did match what was on this unit.
Next to the command center going up the stairs are 3 thermostats. They were all factory installed evidently. One is the digital control for the heat and the downstairs air. Black square box. The lower one is a Honeywell manual stat that controls the roof fan, but there is a white manual one branded as Emerson that did nothing when I was using the digital stat to run the heat as we loaded it for a trip. After I shut the heat off with the digital stat I was fooling with the manual Emerson and on came the heat again. Why would they do that? Any ideas?
Puma 30RKSS
7 REPLIES 7

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everybody.
Puma 30RKSS

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Thanks Doug, hoping you'd respond.
1 Yes it is.
2 I don't believe it was installed later as it is wired thru the wall with no sign of any after work.
3 No idea on AC as manuals in the coach were not the correct ones for this 5er.
4 Heat from both stats came out the floor.
5 The AC I referred to poorly is the main AC roof mounted. The bedroom AC is controlled separably by another digital stat upstairs in the bedroom.
6 I'll check that.

I'd love to ask the person who owned it previously but it was a trade in at a dealer. To be honest I didn't notice it as odd on the PDI.
BTW Forest River is of zero help, I went there first.

You could go to Forest River Forums and check out their Blue Ridge section. You'll find other Blue Ridge owners there.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I can install and repair almost any component in an RV and NOBODY would know that it was NOT installed OEM. Including adding an extra wall tstat. So, yes asking the original owner would help. Doug

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Doug, hoping you'd respond.
1 Yes it is.
2 I don't believe it was installed later as it is wired thru the wall with no sign of any after work.
3 No idea on AC as manuals in the coach were not the correct ones for this 5er.
4 Heat from both stats came out the floor.
5 The AC I referred to poorly is the main AC roof mounted. The bedroom AC is controlled separably by another digital stat upstairs in the bedroom.
6 I'll check that.

I'd love to ask the person who owned it previously but it was a trade in at a dealer. To be honest I didn't notice it as odd on the PDI.
BTW Forest River is of zero help, I went there first.
Puma 30RKSS

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You need to clarify your post. From your description, you may have Roof AC Heat Pumps. AND from your description about the Emerson wall Tstat.
1. It is possible that the Emerson is wired to the LP furnace
2. It is also possible someone added the Emerson to bypass/inline with the BLACK square wall tstat that controls the roof AC/HP.
3. You need to state brand and model of Roof AC/HP.
4. You need to clarify from your FIRST description of Heat that the heat came out of the FLOOR registers or from the roof AC registers.
5. You stated HEAT and DOWNSTAIRS Air----No such thing on your model. I don't believe FR installs a Basement AC on any of their product line.
6. IF Dometic wall tstat and the Tstat Fan is set to LO or Hi, then when the furnace is ON, the roof ASC fan will run. Doug

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ask these questions of the person who sold it to you? That would be my first move.

MrWizard
Do you have a heat pump, and a propane heater ?

Fiddle around again and see where the heat is being produced
A/C - Heat Pump
Or LP furnace
Also there maybe another electric heat option installed

My 36 ft Bounder class A, has two LP forced air heaters
One forward one in the rear
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s