Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: THOR Motor Coach
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> THOR Motor Coach

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
PatJ

Eastern WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

I also found some Thor units plumbed the bathroom sink into the black tank. That would not work for us because we boondock most all of the time.

Our Thor has the bathroom sink plumbed into the grey tank, however my last class C the BR sink went into the black and I actually preferred it that way. Now I intentionally add extra water to the black via the toilet. We also boondook most all the time.

I prefer to dump with full tanks. In the old rig I would just turn the BR sink on and let it run to fill the black tank full before dumping. Now I have to stand there on the toilet pedal [emoticon] So it is all personal preference.

Patrick

cbigham

orange , CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting thread.
I've had 2 thor products: 2004 funmover 39c on a f750 cat c7 chassis and a 2017 23u. An rv tech I use put it best when he said "..the shell is solid..but the inside is like paper mache'.." I've seen lots of interesting wiring solutions as well.

I bought the 23u knowing this, but also that there are thousands of rental 23u's out there. Many with over 100k miles. I use mine quite a bit. Dirt biker, dual sport trips. 60 to 90 days a year. Keep em well caulked!

Oldtymeflyr

Arapahoe Hills, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Thor 24L which is on the Sprinter Chassis. We are at 24,500 miles in almost 3 years. No troubles. Everything is working well. We are satisfied. Its been nice driving it about the country.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

the water heater is under ketchin cabnets with no axes panel to get at the buy pass valves. pieces falling off and comming loose all the time. i can go on but thats my problem. so dont tell me thor is ok

Guess I have to agree!?!

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Cider

Central Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most Thor products I have looked at were priced well, but cheaply made. I don't think you begin to get a quality Thor product until you get into the Entegra line of class A's. When we were looking at Class A's, and Thor was one of the products considered, we had not even gotten into the very far and already noticed 4 or 5 issues relating to quality of build. We purchased from another manufacturer based on quality. Paid a bit more, but got a product that was well built.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> THOR Motor Coach
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.