cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric Slides Motor

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
Need help I was opening up the slides this morning and all of a sudden it just stopped. No noise or anything. I checked the breakers and fuses at the inverter but all looked good. I looked at the breakers in teh house and all was good as well. All the other power is on in the camper. Where can i look to find another fuse or motor. The awning isnt opening either. This is a Dutchmen Classic 315BHds 2011 model.
25 REPLIES 25

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is. It started working later taht day

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is your slide working now? If you are still having the problem check your slide manual, you may have a pot that you can adjust that will increase or decrease the sensitivity of when the slide moves or stops. As mine got older I had to adjust mine so it would not shut off before it was fully extended. I tried lubing the rollers and bars but that did not help. Adjusting the pot fixed the problem.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
The rack and pinion slide on our Jayco tripped its self resetting breaking a couple of times when the trailer was fairly new. I applied some slide seal spray lube on the seals and some dry spray lube on the racks. Hasnโ€™t tripped since.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
oh so you see it lol. I just cant see it.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
organcory97 wrote:
OK i dont know what im doing wrong. I dont see any preference settings and i am copying and pasting the link.

One photo at a time? We see that one photo ok. Seems to show a couple of DC circuit breakers.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
OK i dont know what im doing wrong. I dont see any preference settings and i am copying and pasting the link.

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
Photo in Profile

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
organcory97 wrote:
BFL13 wrote:
IB853347201 wrote:
The issue appears to be a 12 volt issue. I would guess that the trailer house battery is either dead or low on water, or both. Converter alone does not have enough output to power slides without reserve from battery.

Parallax 7355 converter on the 5er we had with its 14ft slide had no trouble running the slide in and out with no battery at all. Just have to join the two wires that go on the battery positive post (vise grip pliers eg) so there is a path from converter to slide motor.

Lippert specified a 30a fuse for the slide, and Trimetric showed it pulled about 25 amps at most for the hard part bringing it back up over the hump at the edge of the main floor. Was about 15 amps on the straight and level part.

I have a couple pictures but not sure how to post them on here to show you.

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
IB853347201 wrote:
The issue appears to be a 12 volt issue. I would guess that the trailer house battery is either dead or low on water, or both. Converter alone does not have enough output to power slides without reserve from battery.

Parallax 7355 converter on the 5er we had with its 14ft slide had no trouble running the slide in and out with no battery at all. Just have to join the two wires that go on the battery positive post (vise grip pliers eg) so there is a path from converter to slide motor.

Lippert specified a 30a fuse for the slide, and Trimetric showed it pulled about 25 amps at most for the hard part bringing it back up over the hump at the edge of the main floor. Was about 15 amps on the straight and level part.

I have a couple pictures but not sure how to post them on here to show you.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
IB853347201 wrote:

Photo in Profile

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
organcory97 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
The 120V breakers had nothing to do with it. You have a 12V auto-resetting breaker that is tripping for what ever reason and your problem is going to return.
I would find the 12V breaker and replace it (they're cheap). Otherwise you are going to get stuck someplace with the slide out.

The part will look something like these and you will need to get the amp rating off it: ***Link Removed***

Good luck,
Scott

Would there only be one of these auto resetting breakers?

Most often yes, they have just one but on rare occasions someone will install two in parallel.
I had one where they mounted the breaker under the trailer, next to the motor. Some others were mounted up near the front just behind the batterys. There are breakers designed to be installed in wet locations but they never seem to use them. Instead they use cheaper breakers designed to be installed inside. Those really dont do very well out in the weather and if they actually get road spray, they corrode.

Scott

organcory97
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
The 120V breakers had nothing to do with it. You have a 12V auto-resetting breaker that is tripping for what ever reason and your problem is going to return.
I would find the 12V breaker and replace it (they're cheap). Otherwise you are going to get stuck someplace with the slide out.

The part will look something like these and you will need to get the amp rating off it: ***Link Removed***

Good luck,
Scott

Would there only be one of these auto resetting breakers?