Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camping World Get Best Price button
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Camping World Get Best Price button

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

The foolery is not over. They will also want thousands for the delivery inspection and set up, another thousand for documentation fees, and although illegal will want thousands if you do not finance through them. Camping World did you favor, just buy from someone else.

This is180 degrees from my buying experience when I bought mine from CW. Very smooth, no extra fees other than a small doc fee. I let CW bid on the financing and they wrote the loan through Bank of America’s which had the lowest rate available. No fee for PDI. It was a great transaction.

Now if you want to talk about service costs and results, it’s a different story.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdub2 wrote:

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Apparently you are still riding the same horse you were on when you started the "Make an Offer" button thread less than a month ago. We get it, you don't agree with Camping World's sales and advertising practices.
There are plenty of other RV dealers throughout the land. Maybe one of those will do things the way you want them done. In other words, instead of trying to change the spots on a leopard, get a different breed of cat.

Why always the negative post about anyone's post
Would be a pretty bad forum if they added a rule that you can only agree with what the heck ever someone posted, no matter how ridiculous. This is the second time in a month the OP has started a thread about how they do not like how Camping World's internet advertising practices. How many different threads are too many?
As for the actual fact that if you click the "get the best price button" you get directed to call the dealership here is my view. I don't think it is unreasonable for any business to want to have contact with a customer when that customer is asking to negotiate a price, especially when it is a negotiation on a potentially complicated transaction involving many potential variables. The dealer has no idea if a trade is going to be involved, if the vehicle is actually equipped exactly as others it is being compared against. Will the buyer require financing? Will the buyer be adding equipment? Is the sale contingent of the buyer selling their rig? Time might be of the essence in that a rebate may be ending or the vehicle is the last one on the lot prior to a manufacturer's price increase. The dealer may have other vehicles they do not have advertised, or the buyer is otherwise unaware of, that might better fit the needs of the buyer. Finally, the OP apparently lives in Texas and the rig is located in Spokane, Washington. Dealers are not total idiots, they know that it is unlikely that they will consummate a long distance sale without special circumstances. That information can only easily be gained by talking to the buyer. It really isn't that unusual or invasive a request.

* This post was edited 01/19/20 09:38am by westernrvparkowner *

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdub2 wrote:

Apparently you are still riding the same horse you were on when you started the "Make an Offer" button thread less than a month ago. We get it, you don't agree with Camping World's sales and advertising practices.
There are plenty of other RV dealers throughout the land. Maybe one of those will do things the way you want them done. In other words, instead of trying to change the spots on a leopard, get a different breed of cat.

Why always the negative post about anyone's post
Would be a pretty bad forum if they added a rule that you can only agree with what the heck ever someone posted, no matter how ridiculous. This is the second time in a month the OP has started a thread about how they do not like how Camping World's internet advertising practices. How many different threads are too many?
As for the actual fact that if you click the "get the best price button" you get directed to call the dealership here is my view. I don't think it is unreasonable for any business to want to have contact with a customer when that customer is asking to negotiate a price, especially when it is a negotiation on a potentially complicated transaction involving many potential variables. The dealer has no idea if a trade is going to be involved, if the vehicle is actually equipped exactly as others it is being compared against. Will the buyer require financing? Will the buyer be adding equipment? Is the sale contingent of the buyer selling their rig? Time might be of the essence in that a rebate may be ending or the vehicle is the last one on the lot prior to a manufacturer's price increase. The dealer may have other vehicles they do not have advertised, or the buyer is otherwise unaware of, that might better fit the needs of the buyer. Finally, the OP apparently lives in Texas and the rig is located in Spokane, Washington. Dealers are not total idiots, they know that it is unlikely that they will consummate a long distance sale without special circumstances. That information can only easily be gained by talking to the buyer. It really isn't that unusual or invasive a request.

I was going to defend your original post as not being unusually negative, but go ahead and keep digging your hole. You like their deceptive attempt to get the buyer engaged with a salesman when what the buyer really wanted was to know what is the best price for that unit. I wish you could tell us which RV park is yours so that I would be sure to not stay there. I'm sure you would like that, too. (BTW, if their "best price" was really $10,000 less than anyone else in the country do you think I would not fly to Washington?)

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/20 05:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

So the “best price” was $79,990. Just because you don’t want to negotiate? Put on your big boy pants and offer $70.

You apparently cannot read, besides, I doubt they would accept a $70 offer. ROFL

JALLEN4

SouthWest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/20 05:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it would be rather naive to think any dealer is going to post on their website the very best price they are going to sell any unit. Factually, they most times do not really know themselves. I can't tell you how many times I have said "This is the lowest price I am going to take"...not one penny less...and meant it. Then, only to be made a real offer by a real customer with real money.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/20 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Google 12 gallon Suburban Water heater, multi under $600, best $480 with free shipping, CW $1002. Who would you deal with???

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Camping World Get Best Price button
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.