Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Alliance 5th Wheels
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Alliance 5th Wheels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

Alliance RV is selling units now. There are some dealers with small numbers on their lots but they are selling out very fast through the RV shows.

They are currently being produced at their smallish shop while their new production facility is being built, but they are manufacturing units for sale. They have at least 3 models they are currently showing (and selling) at the rv shows through their dealer network.

Here is a unit you can buy today.

https://www.cousinsrv.com/product/fifth-wheel/new?s=true&manufacturer=alliance+rv

No dog in this fight just stating facts. There really isn't a lot different that I see between these and Grand Design, Montana, Pinnacle or Vanleigh. Lippert frame, dexter axles, similar if not identical layouts, furniture etc..

That's interesting, whoda thunk? Not sure I would be up for laying down the coin for one of the first few to roll out of "their smallish shop while their new production facility is being built". Then again they may be the best RV ever made, but I highly doubt it.

It sounds like you have buyers paying for the privilege of being the short and long term testing departments.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

It sounds like you have buyers paying for the privilege of being the short and long term testing departments.

Just think Grand Design was a small start up just a few years ago. Grew big, cashed out and now they have a cult like following.

Dan

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Just think Grand Design was a small start up just a few years ago. Grew big, cashed out and now they have a cult like following.

Dan

Yep, and the first one we had rolled out the the factory door the end of the 2nd month the factory was open for business. I feel we were extremely lucky knowing what I know about issues others had roundabout the same time. Never joined the cult.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Hammerboy wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Dan

Yep, and the first one we had rolled out the the factory door the end of the 2nd month the factory was open for business. I feel we were extremely lucky knowing what I know about issues others had roundabout the same time. Never joined the cult.

Yep, I never bought into the GD cult either. The reality is they are just another Indiana manufacturer that follows the same culture of the slapped together mentality with Lippert everything.

My guess is Alliance has seen the success of Grand Design and are trying to follow the same path of success until they can sell out for big $$. The bigger a company gets generally the worse the service is going to be. I do hope for all the best for them though.

Dan

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob Vaughn wrote:

Saw this new brand at the Tampa RV Super show........Damm what an improvement over the major name brands....

Can you tell us what the prices were like?
I was one of the early buyers of Open Range when they started. It seems it is better to buy from the upstarts when quality matters. Once a conglomerate buys them out you will get the same corner cutting cost saving B.S.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

Bob Vaughn wrote:

Saw this new brand at the Tampa RV Super show........Damm what an improvement over the major name brands....

Can you tell us what the prices were like?
I was one of the early buyers of Open Range when they started. It seems it is better to buy from the upstarts when quality matters. Once a conglomerate buys them out you will get the same corner cutting cost saving B.S.

Apparently you didn't watch the YouTube video posted on page 2 of this thread. Shows list price and dealer price on a couple of them.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 66 Nights

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When their homepage shows a picture of a fake office, that throws red flags to me.

2020 Keystone Montana 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JAC1982 wrote:

When their homepage shows a picture of a fake office, that throws red flags to me.

HA AH.. That is actually really funny! I had to go back to look at it. right down to the fake person and fake cars! ![emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

work2much

Jackson Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JAC1982 wrote:

I think that's the architects rendition of their building under construction. Here is what the new facility is shaping up to be. Still Tiny compared to their competition but I guess they need to start somewhere. Despite that a lot of money is being spent.

[image]

[image]

[image]

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable LFP battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.
2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2400 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure it is the rendering of their new building. But that's a weird choice to put on your homepage. Why not just have pictures of your campers? Nobody cares what their office building looks like.

* This post was edited 01/23/20 10:22am by an administrator/moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Alliance 5th Wheels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.