Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Camping Lights
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Lights

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Well said jake2250!
But you’re upsetting the crampers over the Internet and they haven’t even had the pleasure of cramping next to you!
See, there is a god. And I've camped next to this guy, usually on a holiday weekend, and ends up with the cops being called after the third fight breaks out.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

babock

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just shows...there is almost always a Jake!

nightshift

Vancouver, BC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Halmfamily wrote:

You'd all hate me, we light up the trees in our campsite with the red and green laser lights, always get a lot of compliments on them.

I quite like those. It's a nice effect, especially when boon docking.
What I really dislike is scare lights or porch lights left on all night. The rope lights (warm colour) are nice.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at a campground a few years ago and had three travel trailers around us and all three had their trailer lights on and flashing 24/7. Want to talk about annoying.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike brez wrote:

We stayed at a campground a few years ago and had three travel trailers around us and all three had their trailer lights on and flashing 24/7. Want to talk about annoying.
I could see that being very annoying.

doxiemom11

Yoakum Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of the rvs come with a flood light type light for their porch lite, and those bright florescent color lights on the front of trailers is obnoxious, and then they hang more! I guess everyone is afraid of the dark.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

As for the rest of outside lighting usually the only thing used is an old fashioned kerosene type lantern on the table or hanging somewhere. Amazing how well you can see once eyes adapt to available light.

You got it! We really like the warm glow of a kerosene lantern. Enough light to see, but not obnoxious enough to light up the entire campsite.
Just reminds you of the good old days.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

jake2250

Comifornia

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In all fairness,, I try not to disturb others. I do light and decorate my camp site, But always on the Awning or "Curb" side. Thats the "Action" area!
I expect the same from you! I understand that the "street" side or non awning side is my neighbors side, My lights should be blocked for the most part to them.
Same as the neighbor on my awning side, yeah it will reflect off or your street side,but that's what window shades or blinds are for,Right?

I have not come across a neighbor with an awning side on the opposite of that. And most 99% of the places we stay at,, the fire ring side is the awning side!
I tell the kids that the "Off Side" is not a play side and to stay in the "action area" or ride your bikes out front and obey the same rules as you would at home!
Now kids will be kids, they get loud as they play and I try to control that!
TRESPASSING is forbidden and respect for ALL neighbors is a must.

With that being said,,,my kids are now in their early Thirties and the youngest is 27.
NEVER have I had an issue with MY kids, Matter of fact I have had people walking thru the camp and comment how well behaved my kids were, Also had a neighbor a few trailers down come by and ask me what I was smoking? I could tell he was concerned that it was wafting his way. So I showed him the Pork shoulder and I apologized, Asked him If he would like a sample,, He walked away with three pulled pork sammies home brewed bbq sauce and slaw for his wife and brother! Next day I moved the smoker to the front of the trailer to help move the smoke..
That only drew more folks wanting to know what was cooking!
The dear wife (party planner) threw an impromptu "Pot Luck" get together that evening!
Met some really really nice folks and ate some great food! had many comments on how "FUN" our campsite was!

So it surprises me to hear of Crampers that have an issue with that!
Not that I don't care, but isn't camping supposed to be a pleasant FUN experience? I treat is as an extension (in a different spot) of our back yard!

Hell you ought to hear my back yard when the kids were younger and had all their friends over swimming in the pool,,BBQ,Smoker going, a couple of tables of food and snacks! Dogs running around swimming with the kids!
Now we have the kids over, but it's much more subdued. The now older couple across the street have said a few times that she misses the sounds of the kids having so much fun!
Why shouldn't that be the way at a camp site? And some (now a days) multi color led decoration lights going?

Where are you Crampers camping? Sounds like a very nice,dark,cold Cemetery! good luck with that!

I can tell you that we have some very fond fun memories of camping with the kids and we miss that.
You all must sit around an reminisce about all the Horrible cramping trips you have been on,, were the good ones the ones that NO One else was there?? Cause thats fun and all, but I work with the public and enjoy people, Crampers or not,,thats why we go!

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 04:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jake2250 wrote:

In all fairness,, I try not to disturb others. I do light and decorate my camp site, But always on the Awning or "Curb" side. Thats the "Action" area!
I expect the same from you! I understand that the "street" side or non awning side is my neighbors side, My lights should be blocked for the most part to them.
Same as the neighbor on my awning side, yeah it will reflect off or your street side,but that's what window shades or blinds are for,Right?

I have not come across a neighbor with an awning side on the opposite of that. And most 99% of the places we stay at,, the fire ring side is the awning side!
I tell the kids that the "Off Side" is not a play side and to stay in the "action area" or ride your bikes out front and obey the same rules as you would at home!
Now kids will be kids, they get loud as they play and I try to control that!
TRESPASSING is forbidden and respect for ALL neighbors is a must.

With that being said,,,my kids are now in their early Thirties and the youngest is 27.
NEVER have I had an issue with MY kids, Matter of fact I have had people walking thru the camp and comment how well behaved my kids were, Also had a neighbor a few trailers down come by and ask me what I was smoking? I could tell he was concerned that it was wafting his way. So I showed him the Pork shoulder and I apologized, Asked him If he would like a sample,, He walked away with three pulled pork sammies home brewed bbq sauce and slaw for his wife and brother! Next day I moved the smoker to the front of the trailer to help move the smoke..
That only drew more folks wanting to know what was cooking!
The dear wife (party planner) threw an impromptu "Pot Luck" get together that evening!
Met some really really nice folks and ate some great food! had many comments on how "FUN" our campsite was!

So it surprises me to hear of Crampers that have an issue with that!
Not that I don't care, but isn't camping supposed to be a pleasant FUN experience? I treat is as an extension (in a different spot) of our back yard!

Hell you ought to hear my back yard when the kids were younger and had all their friends over swimming in the pool,,BBQ,Smoker going, a couple of tables of food and snacks! Dogs running around swimming with the kids!
Now we have the kids over, but it's much more subdued. The now older couple across the street have said a few times that she misses the sounds of the kids having so much fun!
Why shouldn't that be the way at a camp site? And some (now a days) multi color led decoration lights going?

Where are you Crampers camping? Sounds like a very nice,dark,cold Cemetery! good luck with that!

I can tell you that we have some very fond fun memories of camping with the kids and we miss that.
You all must sit around an reminisce about all the Horrible cramping trips you have been on,, were the good ones the ones that NO One else was there?? Cause thats fun and all, but I work with the public and enjoy people, Crampers or not,,thats why we go!
I would enjoy camping next to you, especially if you were smoking a Brisket LOL. I guess I have not had many bad camping trips, life is what you make it.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazing the leaps that people can make. Someone comes in saying they prefer a dark campground. Immediately they are pounced upon for being killjoys, and "crampers" whatever those are. Where did a desire for a non-Times Square environment, become a desire to kill all the bunnies and blind the kittens? It seems if you don't agree with someone, you are not just wrong, you're morally reprehensible.

Some people prefer a darker RV park, and some don't. It doesn't really mean anything other than that. But if you feel the need to rationalize your behavior, by all means have at it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping Lights
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.