cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No! I’m not top heavy.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Lifted truck toting two sand buggies...Oceano Dunes.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad
25 REPLIES 25

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mkirsch wrote:
Adam H wrote:
Something ironic about RVers pointing at others and saying "that's top heavy!" LOL

You misspelled "hypocritical."

Lol, that’s funny!!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Adam H wrote:
Something ironic about RVers pointing at others and saying "that's top heavy!" LOL

Especially the massive TC’s and 5th wheels being towed by 3-4 and 1 Tom single wheel trucks.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Adam H wrote:

You misspelled "hypocritical."

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Adam_H
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Fleetwood Avalon HW PUP
2001 Excursion 6.8L V10 3.73
2005 F150 5.4L
Gone but not Forgotten: 1971 Trailstar PUP, 2002 Fleetwood Wilderness Northwest Edition, 2002 Keystone Bobcat 280-EB

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely top heavy.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
#1. I guess they should outlaw truck campers. It may be high weight but less than 1,500 lbs. How much does a truck camper weigh?

#2. No way that thing is taller than a semi trailer. Might be close, but it's not taller.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like high weight, but if it works for the guy, it works for the guy.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

blt2ski
time2roll wrote:
That would be a million dollar idea.... need a system to scan the road ahead for low bridges, fuel stop canopies, and tree branches etc to give warning for the driver.

Actually, some bridges DO HAVE a radar warning system to tell a driver to get off the next exit, and go thru to get back on the freeway if the rig is too tall!
But that does not always work on EVERY bridge, tunnel etc.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
^ Oh yeah, it's 14' or darn close to it.
Those really don't seem like a great solution to me, but they must be for some, I don't even like worrying about my 12' tall camper much less something that's over height.
Heck there's a couple freeway overpasses in the Seattle area that would give that Razor a haircut! (I've replaced the girders on them for the highway department. They get hit semi regularly)
That would be a million dollar idea.... need a system to scan the road ahead for low bridges, fuel stop canopies, and tree branches etc to give warning for the driver.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Grit....Too funny if that was serious...and if joking...still funny

Around there is where I lost my 2nd butt to butt pull off...both were to old, GREEN Power Wagons against my K5
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Ahhh, the ole too much wheel well space ticket.....lol.

diginomad
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
romore wrote:
That would earn him a ticket here.

What would the ticket be for? Too high? The buggies are mostly tube so they probably weigh no more than 2,000 lbs each.

Too much wheel well space. Look at those rims too.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Oh yeah, it's 14' or darn close to it.
Those really don't seem like a great solution to me, but they must be for some, I don't even like worrying about my 12' tall camper much less something that's over height.
Heck there's a couple freeway overpasses in the Seattle area that would give that Razor a haircut! (I've replaced the girders on them for the highway department. They get hit semi regularly)

Bedlam
Grit dog wrote:
romore wrote:
That would earn him a ticket here.

Should tell that to Marlon, one of the largest mfgs of utv over the cab decks and sled decks, and they're local to you, in beautiful BC....
They might be interested to hear about your disapproval of one of their popular newer products.

On another note, looks like the buggy on the trailer lost a front wheel?

The buggy is probably close to 6' tall and the lifted truck close to 8'. My guess is that setup is pushing 14' which would put it over height.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
On another note, looks like the buggy on the trailer lost a front wheel?

They probably pulled the front wheels to lower the CG of that top heavy trailer. 😄