cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Morryde Step Above

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those that actually have the Step Above, what are your thoughts on it now that you have used it? I know the negatives of water on step, dirt when putting up, maybe swing out when stopping in rest area. But have you had any other issues with it? Would you like to go back to the regular fold up steps?
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
38 REPLIES 38

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
I would look at these steps if you haven't alreadyTorklift Yiu get the best of both worlds, no mess and very solid.

Dan

Till I saw this post I was leaning toward either the Moryde or LCI steps and I had not heard about the Torklift steps. After following the link above and other reviews I'm sold.
I really like the fact that I can easily remove the old fold-up steps and simply bolt the Torklift steps right in the existing brackets.
Hey Torklift, I'll be buying your steps for my rig.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Bigbird65 wrote:
laknox wrote:
I still want to know how you get into your rig with these stupid steps, while in storage, without having to move it far enough to get the steps down? Maybe the mfrs should put the door in the far a$$-end or have an attic ladder pull-down in the front?

(sarcasm=off)

Lyle

Very simple Lyle. In my photos above, my Minnie is in storage. The storage is my backyard, and it is free storage.

I, also, have free storage, covered, and I have =just= enough room to extend the slides on each side, with no room to walk by. Literally, 4-6" clearance on each side. Given that the slides are about 3', I =might= be able to get in my rig with these installed, but I sure wouldn't count on it. Were I stored in a more "standard" lot, with 12-18" between trailers, there's simply no way to get in a rig with these installed without first moving it enough to allow the steps to fully extend. With old-style steps, most people can access their rig without moving it. IMO, still a stupid concept.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
pcm1959 wrote:
irishtom29 wrote:
The MoRyde steps are a case of the manufacturers doing something for their benefit and getting the customers to think it's done for theirs.

I totally agree! Easier to install and no cut out in the side for the folding steps. However, the manufactures haven't taken advantage of the opportunity to place an entrance door anyplace which may offer up some new, innovative floor plans.

I think they have taken advantage. This is why you see so many Morryde steps being installed OEM. It allows the manufactures to eliminate the step box. The steps are ultimately easier / cheaper to install.
They have convinced the consumer that it's OK to bring a dirty wet set of steps into the living area:S as though that is a rational place to store the steps.
Truth is the novice RV owner doesn't see or understand the pitfalls of the MorRyde steps. Meanwhile the steps allow the manufactures to cut a corner and save a few pennies.
At the end of it all we can debate if the steps are an improvement for the consumer. But there is no debate that they benefit the manufacturer
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
The MoRyde steps are a case of the manufacturers doing something for their benefit and getting the customers to think it's done for theirs.

I totally agree! Easier to install and no cut out in the side for the folding steps. However, the manufactures haven't taken advantage of the opportunity to place an entrance door anyplace which may offer up some new, innovative floor plans.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
I would look at these steps if you haven't alreadyTorklift Yiu get the best of both worlds, no mess and very solid.

Dan

I agree 100%. I switched mine out last year. I was on uneven ground with the MoRyde steps and had a hard time adjusting to get the door to open and close with out hitting the steps. With the Torklift steps that is not a problem.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have torklift steps. I love them as does my wife who has had both hips and knees replaced. They are very steady compared to the diving board we had before. My trailer is in a storage lot and the guy next to me parked fairly close to our 5er but my steps can be pulled out just enough so I can use them to get into the 5er. Now I really don't care what steps you have as we have the steps that work for us. I bought them after doing research, I installed them my self and that's that. If you like what you have, fanbloodytastic.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Your photos display what is wrong with the MoreRyde steps.
1. They block the entrance.
2. They dump water and dirt inside.
3. They need to be swept/cleaned off.
Each of those 3 issues are a deal breaker
Torxlift steps are just as stable but have none of those flaws.

These are the same reasons we have the Torklift plus we wouldn't be able to deploy the solid step style in our barn because of the room needed to swing them out.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Bigbird65 wrote:
We have the MORryde steps on our Winnebago 2250DS and love em. Here are a few photos.

Thanks Lantley for the list. None of those items bother me. I will continue to enjoy the MORryde.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Bigbird65 wrote:
We have the MORryde steps on our Winnebago 2250DS and love em. Here are a few photos.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
The Morryde steps have adjustable landing gear too . I donโ€™t stop overnight in the woods or boondocks. Weโ€™ve used them since the RV was purchased in 2018 at over 23 state parks and COE parks without any problem. If the ground is so unlevel that I canโ€™t use them, I donโ€™t go.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
philh wrote:
How does Torqflite steps solve the problem with uneven ground level?

On the Torklift steps the leg bottoms slide in an out individually and then lock into position to accommodate uneven ground (black objects in picture posted above).
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
How does Torqflite steps solve the problem with uneven ground level?

I think Torqflite is a transmission. On my last RV trailer I had Torqlift Glow Step Revolution steps and they were really good but expensive. They had adjustable landing gear for uneven surfaces.

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
I still want to know how you get into your rig with these stupid steps, while in storage, without having to move it far enough to get the steps down? Maybe the mfrs should put the door in the far a$$-end or have an attic ladder pull-down in the front?

(sarcasm=off)

Lyle

Very simple Lyle. In my photos above, my Minnie is in storage. The storage is my backyard, and it is free storage.