Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Medicare ads!!!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Medicare ads!!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have had an Advantage plan for years now, and it has served me very well. Heart patient and diabetes just to start. I do have some co-pays but it seems to balance out pretty well. I do pay a bit above $0 to full nation-wide coverage, which is important when we are traveling. AT that, it may not be the best choice for others.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and a grouchy, old, tiny dog

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ads keep coming partly because there are millions of people who can enroll at any time. An example is if you are covered by your spouse private insurance, and they are still working, when the spouse retires, then you have a certain amount of time to get part B and a supplement plan. It's a window so to speak for folks in that situation.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

T18skyguy wrote:

The ads keep coming partly because there are millions of people who can enroll at any time. An example is if you are covered by your spouse private insurance, and they are still working, when the spouse retires, then you have a certain amount of time to get part B and a supplement plan. It's a window so to speak for folks in that situation.

or you reach age 65 outside of the annual renewal period for those already covered. Which is likely 10/12 of people reaching age 65 during the year.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

DC&MC wrote:

Can anyone tell me why we are suffering thru these unending Medicare advantage ads?

Because people are too dumb to go to Medicare.gov and get price comparison without interference from the companies running deceptive ads.

I use the zero payment Medicare Advantage because I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars monthly and I do realize that if everything goes bad I might pay a bit more out of pocket. In those years years where there are no extraordinary medical expenses, I am ahead. So far I am way ahead of the game.

I'm doing the same thing. The Zero plan does have a max out of pocket, so hopefully our world won't come to an end. If I bought every insurance I'd been broke long ago.
Brian

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I become Medicare eligible next month. I have signed up for part A and B and will sign up for the Walmart Part D even though I take no medications to avoid late sign up penalties. Anyone have ideas if I need F or some other supplemental?

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

So I become Medicare eligible next month. I have signed up for part A and B and will sign up for the Walmart Part D even though I take no medications to avoid late sign up penalties. Anyone have ideas if I need F or some other supplemental?
Completely depends on the state of your health and what it will be in the future. That's where the difficulty lies: in deciding how your health will be down the road.

I know a couple that paid no additional money for their Medicare supplement, and it worked very well for them. Even though he developed cancer when he got older they still basically broke even because he had quite a few years of good health with no medical issues.

Don't forget that Plan F is supposed to not be offered after this year.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 04:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My opinion , any thing that you see constantly on TVs or magazines must have a tremendous profit margin . They ain't trying to sell ya something that has no profit for them .
I like that add that sez," you "MAY" be eligible for free dental , drugs , eyeglasses , cell phones and transportation . RIGHT , do not call me , I will call when I am ready !

thestoloffs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/20 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why is this topic still going on in Technology Corner? It has NOTHING to do with technology! It's more appropriate for Around the Campfire.

Moderator, my apologies for making this a public post. Everytime I try to Notify Moderator fails with an error message.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/20 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thestoloffs,
Try sending the Mod a PM. That still works.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Completely depends on the state of your health and what it will be in the future. That's where the difficulty lies: in deciding how your health will be down the road.

I know a couple that paid no additional money for their Medicare supplement, and it worked very well for them. Even though he developed cancer when he got older they still basically broke even because he had quite a few years of good health with no medical issues.

Don't forget that Plan F is supposed to not be offered after this year.

Plan F and Plan G are suppose to be exactly the same, except the brokers would push plan F because it makes them more money. For anyone making the Medicare decision, there are many good books on the issue, one being 'Getting What's Yours, Medicare" It's really a major decision that can cost you dearly if you make a mistake.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Medicare ads!!!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.