Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Looking for RV parks near Boston MA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Looking for RV parks near Boston MA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Freedom Trail! Don't miss it. It is a pretty easy walk.

Dave5143 wrote:

Wow, lot's of great advice here. I now have a pretty good idea how we're going to do this. While I have taken my truck into some pretty tight places I absolutely hate, hate, hate most urban parking garages. They are not designed for pickup trucks. I may opt for the parking lot mentioned earlier but I think it will make most sense to leave the truck at the park and take the train.
I understand there is some kind of walking trail that takes in the major historic sites. I can't remember the name of the trail though. We will want to take that.

Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

Dave5143 wrote:

I'm just finding that out. What about the Charlie ticket with the 1 week link pass?

The one week pass is a Charlie Ticket, I guess, based on the MTBA web site. If that's what you're getting, then you can safely ignore what I wrote.

For a la carte single fares a Charlie Card is cheaper than a Charlie Ticket, and it took me far too long to suss out how to obtain said Charlie Card. That was all. Living in Vermont I'm more likely to head down to Boston for a day trip or maybe an overnight/weekend than a week, and single ride fares usually end up being more economical than a day or week pass for me in such situations.

We go to the Red Sox games frequently and leave from Riverside station, they are always selling the Charlie Cards and if I remember you can load any amount of money on the cards. Do they sell the cards at all stations? probably not. But maybe a good guess at all the major hub stations.

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave5143 wrote:

I understand there is some kind of walking trail that takes in the major historic sites. I can't remember the name of the trail though. We will want to take that.

edit*** Never mind, it's the Freedom Trail, I remember now.

Yep - a good walk that includes many sites, but also puts you in the vicinity of some of the other destinations around the harbor, Quincy Market, etc.

irish31790

Reading, OH

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lampooner wrote:

Lived in Boston area for 20 years in the town of Harvard. I would recommend Minuteman RV park in Littleton MA. It is a relativey small park in Westford MA. This is near Lexington and Concord which you can drive to. Also near two commuter train stations where you can catch a train to downtown Boston.

You do not want to try driving your truck into Boston unless you really enjoy total frustration!

I second Lampooner. We stayed there last year and really enjoyed it. Lots of trees, nice pool, well maintained. But have your bug juice handy, the skeeters were thicker than thieves!!

Mr. B
Reading, OH
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman SRW Diesel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Looking for RV parks near Boston MA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.