cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vermont camping area’s

Hedgehog
Explorer
Explorer
I have camped a lot in upstate New York and New Hampshire but I have never been to Vermont. So, I’m thinking about doing a short trip there in June. I have no idea what areas are better to visit. My wife and I prefer resort style campgrounds but as long as they are clean, have a nice pool and have 50 amps, I pretty good. We enjoy some sight seeing, some shopping and just hanging by the pool. Any advice would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Pools and 50 amps aren’t necessary for every night of camping IMO.
Maybe not for YOU, but this isn't your thread and he wasn't asking for opinions...

OP, we are going to Lake Champlain next year and staying at Apple Island resort. Its on the lake, has a pool, I believe it has 50 amp, its 45 minutes from Montreal and not far from New Hamp or Maine. My mom lived on Lake Champlain back in her youth and I've visited there in my youth. I remember it being a gorgeous place.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Pools and 50 amps aren’t necessary for every night of camping IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Quechee-Pine Valley KOA is centrally located in VT, great reviews, full hookups, lots of touristy stuff in a quaint area which includes Quechee Gorge .

Big Balloon festival in June, a must Visit! Book now as the campground sells out fast for the event. https://www.quecheeballoonfestival.com

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm...your requirements eliminate every single Vermont state park since hookups are not available in any of them. That's too bad, in my opinion, as some of them are in beautiful areas.

Here are the two that I've stayed at that meet your requirements. This is not an exhaustive list, nor are these necessarily the best in the state, just what I have personal experience with:

The City of Burlington operates a campground at North Beach. There's no pool there, but a very nice beach where you can swim in Lake Champlain, and it's an easy jaunt to downtown Burlington. The campground itself is perfectly acceptable but not exceptional in my opinion.

Apple Island Resort in South Hero is pretty nice. The (free when its open, even if you don't stay there) tool museum is kind of interesting, too; a quite large collection of antique hand tools.