cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Las Vegas Truck Camper Storage

billsnp5
Explorer
Explorer
We are relocating to Las Vegas. We may need to store our truck camper for a month or two till we find a home. I have called a few facilities and they are full or will not allow a truck camper. Does any one in the Vegas area know of a good place to store a truck camper? Hopefully we will only need storage for short term but finding a home that has room for a RV is hard to find in Vegas. It may end up being long term.
2021 Host Cascade
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4X4 Crew Cab Diesel
2013 Phoenix 721 Bass Boat
6 REPLIES 6

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Now we will wait for picture of new house with camper in front of it. 🙂

billsnp5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to Kris for the offer and the other replies to this. I have made the move and have everything handled. I was beginning to wonder if it would work out but it did.
2021 Host Cascade
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4X4 Crew Cab Diesel
2013 Phoenix 721 Bass Boat

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
...if you mean just dropping the truck camper onto its jacks at a storage facility (without truck under it), try a boat storage facility, like Lake Mead Boat Storage. I think they have inside storage, too.

Though not in Las Vegas, we have been storing our truck camper on jacks only and at other seasons, on truck at an indoor boat storage facility for 15 years. Stored indoors beside Aston Martin, Lamborghinis, a Lotus, and several super yachts. THAT is a sight to see.

We are in Florida and have been looking for a storage lot to drop the truck camper at (no truck under it) for 4 months starting November while we are at the condo here. Very, very few on edit: self-storage facilities will allow a truck camper on their lots sitting on jacks (ie. Not sitting on wheels).

Good luck.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Look for indoor storage or at a minimum, covered storage. The heat will be terrible on the outside but figure the interior temps will approach 130+ as well at the peak of the summer.

Here's a tip... search for "indoor vehicle storage", not "indoor RV storage". I live in the Bay Area and when my indoor RV storage located in Hollister, CA closed I searched far and wide to find something similar. I just about gave up until I happened to be cruising through Craigslist ads and found a lot of indoor vehicle storage ads that I had ignored before. I thought, what the check, I can at least try a phone call. I picked one up and called the guy and though initially hesitant, he agreed to take the truck with the camper. It is a bit odd to have my big 7.3 F350 Dually with Bigfoot Camper sitting next to GT40s, Ferraris and Lamborghinis but I think in about 40 more years my 99 F350 is going to be a sought after antique in it's own right and will fit right in...

Even with the additional expense, indoor storage if possible is worth it in extreme climate situations.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
Might check the Pahrump area out on Blue Diamond road. Pahrump is about an hour from Vegas. We left there about 20 years ago and it was growing like crazy so I would guess they have storage lots there. When we were there we had what they call Ranchettes they are 1 1/4 acre lots and at that time there were few to none HOA's so if you can stand an hours commute I would look there for a place to live. I think its highway 160 and was a pretty hectic drive. Depends what side of town you want to be on.

when you do get settled think about getting your camper in in a under some kind of shade, the sun and heat will rough it up. We left a trailer uncovered for a summer the we were living there, it aged it pretty good. Every piece of plastic inside, sinks toilet switch covesr all turned yellow after one summer

Just a couple of things to check out.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check out Overton RV storage in the Moapa Valley. It’s not in the cities of LV though. About 50 minutes from Speedway Boulevard.