Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide stuck

RCabanas
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Coachmen Mirada, 29 foot:
I demolished my electric compartment door frame and hinge by closing rear slide when compartment door was still open. (BIG OOPS!) Is that door supposed to be that high when open so that the slide would hit it? Seems that would be a vehicle design flaw. Bought the unit used and don't know if the the little gas cylinder gadget that holds the compartment door open was an add on and was set too high or if it came like that from manufacturer. Any ideas?
Comments appreciated. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
RCabanas wrote:
2013 Coachmen Mirada, 29 foot:
I demolished my electric compartment door frame and hinge by closing rear slide when compartment door was still open. (BIG OOPS!) Is that door supposed to be that high when open so that the slide would hit it? Seems that would be a vehicle design flaw. Bought the unit used and don't know if the the little gas cylinder gadget that holds the compartment door open was an add on and was set too high or if it came like that from manufacturer. Any ideas?
Comments appreciated. Thanks.

I have a couple of doors that can do that. They are chain limited. so long as the chain is hooked they can not open far enough to be damaged. but if the chain is NOT hooked......... Well you know what happens if the chain is NOT hooked.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
The higher they open the easier getting stuff in and out, my storage compartments located with slide, move with slide out, the doors are in no danger, but they are limited space, NOT attached to the basement area between the rails and the floor, that deep space van only be accessed from the passenger side compartment doors
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
My lower external storage compartment doors all swing upwards, and access IS a real pita. I've thought about adding longer piston support arms, but was concerned about what you describe happening, through human error.
Sorry, not much help, I know.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There are scores of RV's that can have compartment doors damaged if left open. Most OEM's try to make sure their design does not allow that to happen. Some have chains that when clipped in place stop the door from opening to far up. You remove the chain to get the door fully open for ease of access to the compartment. Doug