Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: slide stuck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> slide stuck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
RCabanas

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/20/20 10:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2013 Coachmen Mirada, 29 foot:
I demolished my electric compartment door frame and hinge by closing rear slide when compartment door was still open. (BIG OOPS!) Is that door supposed to be that high when open so that the slide would hit it? Seems that would be a vehicle design flaw. Bought the unit used and don't know if the the little gas cylinder gadget that holds the compartment door open was an add on and was set too high or if it came like that from manufacturer. Any ideas?
Comments appreciated. Thanks.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are scores of RV's that can have compartment doors damaged if left open. Most OEM's try to make sure their design does not allow that to happen. Some have chains that when clipped in place stop the door from opening to far up. You remove the chain to get the door fully open for ease of access to the compartment. Doug

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My lower external storage compartment doors all swing upwards, and access IS a real pita. I've thought about adding longer piston support arms, but was concerned about what you describe happening, through human error.
Sorry, not much help, I know.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The higher they open the easier getting stuff in and out, my storage compartments located with slide, move with slide out, the doors are in no danger, but they are limited space, NOT attached to the basement area between the rails and the floor, that deep space van only be accessed from the passenger side compartment doors

* This post was edited 01/21/20 10:36pm by MrWizard *

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RCabanas wrote:

2013 Coachmen Mirada, 29 foot:
I demolished my electric compartment door frame and hinge by closing rear slide when compartment door was still open. (BIG OOPS!) Is that door supposed to be that high when open so that the slide would hit it? Seems that would be a vehicle design flaw. Bought the unit used and don't know if the the little gas cylinder gadget that holds the compartment door open was an add on and was set too high or if it came like that from manufacturer. Any ideas?
Comments appreciated. Thanks.

I have a couple of doors that can do that. They are chain limited. so long as the chain is hooked they can not open far enough to be damaged. but if the chain is NOT hooked......... Well you know what happens if the chain is NOT hooked.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> slide stuck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.