cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Link to cell home phone that records cell calls

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
I'm finally giving up my copper line phone line. I currently have 2 cell phones linked to my home phone 5 phone system. Calls fro the cells are announced ,but the answering machine will not answer cells. is this because the cell system's answering system gets there first (?), or such home machines just won't answer cell, or does someone make this?
RVing since '74..
17 REPLIES 17

MrWizard
Get visual voicemail app/service for your cellphone ( if your carrier supports it )
No dialing out
The app will display the number, time, even name of the caller
In a list
You pick the ones to listen too
You can even archive them to your phone
I have this on my vzw Samsung S5,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
ccchuck wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
We still have a landline as such. Verizon home phone connect. It uses the cell towers and plugs into the wall to service all phones & answering machine. Was $20 a month when we subscribed several years ago. We give that number to all commercial entities. The power supply is 12 volts and the box travels with us in the MH with a cradle phone connected to it.

Richard

I looked into one - verizon is not accepting new orders - sounds like a good deal.

Straight talk has a wireless home phone plan..

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
welcome to 2020 ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
We still have a landline as such. Verizon home phone connect. It uses the cell towers and plugs into the wall to service all phones & answering machine. Was $20 a month when we subscribed several years ago. We give that number to all commercial entities. The power supply is 12 volts and the box travels with us in the MH with a cradle phone connected to it.

Richard

I looked into one - verizon is not accepting new orders - sounds like a good deal.
RVing since '74..

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
ccchuck wrote:
2oldman wrote:
You still have a physical answering machine? If the recording takes the message on the cell I don't know why it matters.

I prefer having the answering machine - it saves dialing for messages since cell "messages" requires you to call voicemail

My iPhone records the voice mail on the phone. No need to call to listen to messages, just click play.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Visual voicemail. Beats playing back messages.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hate voice mail... almost as much as I hate phone calls ๐Ÿ™‚

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
ccchuck wrote:
What am I missing?
Texting. VM is becoming kinda old school.

On my iPhone you can setup a group text and record your message verbally. The recipients can then reply if they need to.

There is no way Iโ€™d go back to having a land line. I held off dumping it as somethings needed to be done by fax. Thatโ€™s dead too.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
ccchuck wrote:
2oldman wrote:
You still have a physical answering machine? If the recording takes the message on the cell I don't know why it matters.

I prefer having the answering machine - it saves dialing for messages since cell "messages" requires you to call voicemail

Really? I only have to โ€œcallโ€ if I want to check from another phone. Otherwise I have a list of the voice messages in the phone app and just have to press play. Sometimes the messages have been transcribed and I just read and delete.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Old school? Ancient! Such as the telephone booth, telegraphs, pigeons, beepers etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
ccchuck wrote:
What am I missing?
Texting. VM is becoming kinda old school.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
I miss having a "home phone" that everyone in the family could check for messages, leave messages for all, instead of calling 3 or 4 cellphones. NOT advocating giving up individual cellphones - is there a group voicemail app?

What am I missing?
RVing since '74..

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Without knowing more I can't tell but if say the "Machine" is set to five rings and the cell pone is set to transfer to voice mail after 3... It is as you suspect.

NOTE: Many home machines have a dual ring setup. Like 5 rings if nothing new
or 2 if new messages present. That way you call from a pay phone and hang up if it rings 4 times.. If it answers on the 2nd ring you punch the command codes and pass codes and it plays back for you.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times