cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace my aquahot 375 help

Bklynvince
Explorer
Explorer
I am a new RV guy bought an entegra 2012 only to find out the in floor heating system doesn't work..and has to be replaced any suggestions with what I don't know dealer really stuck it to me ..pls help with recommendations much appreciated
15 REPLIES 15

Bklynvince
Explorer
Explorer
Guys..many thanks for the advise all valuable info...I should here back in next few days for the tech..I was a least smart enough to call aquahot and they gave me the I guess certified repair location..thx again fun...fun...fun

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Ranger Smith wrote:
Blaster Man wrote:
Are you positive the AH is supposed to provide floor heat? We've had two AHs, neither one heated the floors....they were electric.

I never had an AquaHot provide floor heat either. It was radiant baseboards near the floor that heated the coach. They had a fan on them and threw out the heat. They were hidden in various locations around the coach.

Jayco(Entegra) did run coolant lines in the floor for "Floor Heat". I believe they now have Electric Radiant heating. I figured they realized running water lines front to rear under the floor was not the best way to do that. Doug

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Blaster Man wrote:
Are you positive the AH is supposed to provide floor heat? We've had two AHs, neither one heated the floors....they were electric.

I never had an AquaHot provide floor heat either. It was radiant baseboards near the floor that heated the coach. They had a fan on them and threw out the heat. They were hidden in various locations around the coach.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
2014 American Eagle

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
I would listen to Doug Rainer .
Doug has been an RV tech for many yrs .

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Since you have some hot water, the most common cause of lack of floor heat is the 2 brass check valves stick. This happens on all Aqua Hots if the floor heat system is NOT run once a month to keep the valves from sticking. Usually you can POP the valves with a hammer to free them up. The other cause, since you stated blue coolant, would be the Circulation motors have frozen/locked up or are just not working. But, if the fluid is NOT the correct Propylene/Glycol that is required, NO service contract will pay for repair. If you have the wrong coolant, you will have to completely flush the system, which is time consuming and expensive if you have to pay someone to do it. Then you will have to replace the Circulation motors which I would not trust after wrong coolant contamination. Parts are still available from Aqua Hot. Doug

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Many/most RV techs have no idea how to repair an Aqua Hot .

Why not contact Roger Berke and see if he knows of a tech near you ?

rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/

I doubt your needs replacing , maybe it can be converted to diesel .

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I would not buy an RV with a LP Aquahot. I can sit at an RV park and run the diesel aquahot all winter if need be. With propane it will be a fill up every week or so.

Just my opinion
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Bklynvince
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone.it is an lp gas we get intermittent hot water but there is no in floor heat it is in for service with compass warranty at first glance the tech said it has a blue colored antifreeze which is not the manufacturer type which may void my warranty..I'm told parts are hard to find due to it being a 375 as 400 seem to be more common so I'm trying to determine a replacement with an upgrade to a 400lp so going forward parts are available or do I switch it over to a diesel model as I read lp is being phases out ..I only own this 8 months and hope to have it for years to come ..any suggestions appreciated

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Bklynvince wrote:
I am a new RV guy bought an entegra 2012 only to find out the in floor heating system doesn't work..and has to be replaced any suggestions with what I don't know dealer really stuck it to me ..pls help with recommendations much appreciated

Who told you it had to be replaced ?

If the boiler has frozen and burst then it may need replacing .

If it just doesn't heat , those things can be repaired .

Are you up to doing repairs yourself ?

Ray

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Forum called RV Hydronics that may point you in the correct direction, It is run by Roger Berke who is actually a repair tecnician.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Did you buy โ€œas is?โ€ If not, what warranty was included?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Is it Diesel or LP? Doug
These links are for either service manual.

PS, NEW Aqua Hots cost from $5000 to $8000

http://www.aquahot.com/files/service_manual/375-D02_Service_manual_Rev_E.pdf

http://www.aquahot.com/files/service_manual/375-P02ServiceManualRevD.pdf