cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinnette

CodeMan87
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Everyone. We recently came into a free camper and we have taken on the task of restoration. It does not have a dinette in it(used to) and I have most of the dimensions except the height of the bench. It is a 1970's Layton Skyline and the tabletop is 29 inches tall if that helps.

Any input would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

CodeMan87
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input! the reason I want the dinette is so it will turn into a bed for the little ones. The good thing about this camper is that the roof is solid. No leaks! The only damage it has is the paneling at the front where the windows are. My overall goal is to build the dinette back, rebuild the kitchen with a new counter top, and the front bed.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Tax_Man wrote:
I took the dinette out and put a free standing table and chairs. Search for RV furniture or surplus RV furniture. www.rvpartsnation.com is one place I found. The one I took out was made of 2x2 framing and plywood for the seating area. Easy to make.

i was going to mention this. not to get off topic but we have had 2 TTs first had dinette, current free standing. love the free standing but each family has different likes and dislikes

when we had the first TT with dinette, i actually removed the table and turned a dinette seat length ways against camper wall and other dinette basically creating an L shaped sofa. wife and i ate off tv trays when we didn't eat outside camper. before we traded it in, i moved dinette back and reinstalled table to original

Tax_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I took the dinette out and put a free standing table and chairs. Search for RV furniture or surplus RV furniture. www.rvpartsnation.com is one place I found. The one I took out was made of 2x2 framing and plywood for the seating area. Easy to make.
Traveling around with the wife and fur kid.
Keep on Truckin (It's a 70s thing)
2022 HR Vacationer 35K (Ford Chassis)
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (Toad)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Chair height about 16-18 inches, add 4" foam cushion for about 20" or so should be pretty good. Hint, measure a standard dining table chair, put it in the camper and see how it feels. Then build to fit.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of work when you came into a camper that old.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad