cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-10 Louisiana

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
https://calcasieu.info/i-10-widening-and-improvement-project-in-calcasieu-parish-set-to-begin-januar...

I place this section of road as one of the worst in America. Especially when towing.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
8 REPLIES 8

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
The only road worse than the 10 and the 90 south out of Lafayette,La that I've ever driven is the 285 south out of Carlsbad, NM.

One of them tore a shock apart on my truck and the other I still have nightmares about.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
bob213 wrote:
I think they used "chain gangs" to build those roads and the put all those bumps and uneven portions just for payback. Two of the worst roads we've traveled. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My thoughts exactly.
Great test for your RV's cabinets.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We just want people to slow down and visit for a while. Actually our transportation fund is and has been used as a slush fund for the state police. Then we also built a bridge to nowhere in New Roads. Meanwhile the roads can wait.

blawless
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, we came through there a couple of weeks ago and my Banks transmission control broke loose from its mounting and hung up over the exhaust melted the wiring shorting the system out. $400 dollars later we got back on the road again.
Retired and enjoying it!

2005 Coachmen Aurora 3380 MBS Class A F53 V10 Banks Power System.
2014 Jeep Compass Toad
2001 Fleetwood Prowler 255B 5th wheel
2003 F150 King Ranch Supercrew 4X4

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I think they used "chain gangs" to build those roads and the put all those bumps and uneven portions just for payback. Two of the worst roads we've traveled. ๐Ÿ˜‰
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
must be the people in charge of that state never drive those roads.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's true. I-20 through Shreveport is about as bad... if not worse.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard that for many, many years now. Never tried it myself but I'll take the word of others.

South bound I65 through Birmingham should be avoided also. I can't believe they haven't fixed this mess after years of bone jarring trips through there. I can't believe my MH is still in one piece after coming through there the day after Christmas. Totally unacceptable!
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System