cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sealant Recommendation Needed

Hoerschel
Explorer
Explorer
Friends, I need your recommendation of an appropriate sealant for a 3/8" hole I had to drill to install a rear view camera. Trouble is, DAP and 3M don't make one that can be applied in cold weather. I have called both companies who have confirmed this fact. They need 60 degrees plus with a few days to properly cure. I don't have that luxury. Daytime highs are mid 40s that drops to 20 and below at night. Looks like Loctite Tite Foam or Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant might be an alternative, but I'd like to check with you more knowledgeable folks to ensure I'm not missing something else.
5 REPLIES 5

Hoerschel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for these excellent recommendations!

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on ProFlex RV. I have a tube and the instructions donโ€™t mention any temperature restrictions.

https://www.geocelusa.com/product/pro-flex-rv-flexible-sealant/
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Geocel Pro Flex RV Sealant. As I recall you can apply below freezing...
2010 Suncruiser

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
OSI Quad Max would be a good choice; it can be applied all the way down to 0 degrees (and is a very good sealant in general). I believe it's basically a polyurethane based sealant, somewhat akin to GeoCel Proflex etc. It's definitely not a silicone product, and can stick to itself.

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
i use LEXEL sticks very well even on a damp surface but should be clean. it is a little pricey but it works. dont put it on a EPDM roof. you can get it at lowes small or large tubes
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member