cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Splendide XC Combo oiling our clothes?

bob_b
Explorer
Explorer
We have been concerned about the oil spots on our lighter colored clothes and wondering where we got them. Our latest wash cycle oil spotted the back of my favorite white shirt and I know it had to be from the washer. Any ideas? Bob
bob b
12 REPLIES 12

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
A *Dryer sheet* leaves OIL residue on clothes? Hmmmm, that's a new one on me.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
bob b wrote:
We washed the washer using a washing machine cleaner named Lemi Shine. The next load using no fabric softener but with a dryer sheet oil spotted my wife's favorite blouse. So, the problem is either caused by the dryer sheets or the machine itself. I will update when I know more, Bob

The drier sheets the issue, use a liquid softener.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

AFHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Page 15 of our instruction manual says to never use fabric softener sheets so we never have. It also mentions using a bio-friendly brand of liquid softener. We had never read that before so maybe that would make a difference with spotting. We had just used Downey before.
H & P
2015 Arctic Fox 29L, 2016 F350 PSD Crew Cab 4X4

Geocache team: Afternoonshift

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe experiment on something other than your favorite clothes ๐Ÿ˜‰
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

bob_b
Explorer
Explorer
We washed the washer using a washing machine cleaner named Lemi Shine. The next load using no fabric softener but with a dryer sheet oil spotted my wife's favorite blouse. So, the problem is either caused by the dryer sheets or the machine itself. I will update when I know more, Bob
bob b

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
It may be a possibility that there may be a bearing or seal on the bearing going out on the drum. Not being real familiar with this type of setup I'm not sure. I know that is one of the signs in a front load washer for the home.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
AFHauler wrote:
bob b wrote:
We have been concerned about the oil spots on our lighter colored clothes and wondering where we got them. Our latest wash cycle oil spotted the back of my favorite white shirt and I know it had to be from the washer. Any ideas? Bob

We have found that fabric softener often leaves a deposit on the clothes. We got tired of having to rewash clothes so we stopped using Downey or anything and just use some dryer balls for static control, if necessary.

PS We have been using our Splendide for 5 years now.

I have also found the fabric softener will leave spots. It's not all the time. I think it d pendant on how the clothes are laying in the machine?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
AFHauler wrote:
bob b wrote:

We have found that fabric softener often leaves a deposit on the clothes. We got tired of having to rewash clothes so we stopped using Downey or anything and just use some dryer balls for static control, if necessary.

About 3 years with ours and the dryer sheets were leaving spots, so wife switched to liquid.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

AFHauler
Explorer
Explorer
bob b wrote:

H & P
2015 Arctic Fox 29L, 2016 F350 PSD Crew Cab 4X4

Geocache team: Afternoonshift

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you, or someone, washed some clothes with something in a pocket or an oily rag etc. This would allow oil residue to coat the tub which would transfer to future wash loads. Use a degreaser such as Simple Green or Awesome and scrub the inside of the tub. Remember, the oil residue could be inside those little holes so you might not see all of it. I'd spray it liberally several times and then run a load through with no clothes. If you use a clean white cloth you'll most likely see the oil residue. Rinse thoroughly and you should be good to go. There's nothing in the washer that would allow oil into the tub area.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see, OIL, being deposited, in/on the lighter colored clothes, while IN the washing machine which, has no ability for oil to enter water from any point in that machine, that I can think of. This will be interesting to read on what your remedy is.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I would certainly call them. They have been very nice to work with whenever I have called them. Iโ€™ve been using my combo unit for 15 years and never experienced anything like that. Please let us know what they say.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer