cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charleston WV Toll Roads

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
I will be travelling through Charleston WV with my 28 ft trailer in tow. I am having a very hard time figuring out which roads are toll roads and which aren't, where the toll booths are at, and how much it costs. I have been all over the websites and the info is very sketchy (that's putting it nicely).

I will be coming from Columbus Oh, entering Charleston area via US-35 to I-64, I plan on getting on I-77 / I64 heading south after crossing the river, then continuing onto 60 (Hwy 60?, I-60?) at Exit 96 towards Belle, and continue on towards Lewisburg, WV.

Can someone tell me which roads are toll roads, where the toll booths are, and how much it will cost at each both pulling a 2 axle trailer?

Is there any difference taking US-33 out of Columbus to I-77 near Ripley? Are any of these toll roads?
4 REPLIES 4

melandme
Explorer
Explorer
I will be coming from Columbus Oh, entering Charleston area via US-35 to I-64, I plan on getting on I-77 / I64 heading south after crossing the river, then continuing onto 60 (Hwy 60?, I-60?) at Exit 96 towards Belle, and continue on towards Lewisburg, WV.

First, I much prefer secondary roads to the interstates. Traveling east from KY to VA, I took the US 60 route above in our 26 ft Class C. We wanted to see the New River Gorge bridge. Pros, scenic route Kanawha Falls, Cathedral Falls, and New River Gorge Bridge. Cons, curves and hills. In 4 seasons and 30K miles of driving the Class C, that was the most tiring drive I have had. I would drive in a 30-35 MPH crosswind in South Dakota again over that drive.

If traveling in that area in the future, I will pay the tolls and make better time and stay on I-64.

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
cbwallace wrote:
I have taken that route a few times going from Davenport, Iowa to Wilmington, NC. The first 2 times was pulling our 28' TT and the last time pulling our 32' FW. Only tolls are on I-64 between Cabin Creek and Beckley in WV. There are 3 booths heading South and 3 North. Each one was $6.50 but I have an I-Pass so could be a bit more expensive without.
Yea, that's kinda what I was thinking. It's further south from downtown Charleston before they start.

wlstroud
Explorer
Explorer
We recently travelled I-77 in WV with our dually and trailer. We were coming from MI back to NC. Tolls were $5.00 at each of the three main tollbooths between Charleston and Ghent (MP 30). At a different time, we were in a car and the tolls were $4.00 at each tollbooth. A motorhome with a trailer is $6.50. Our non-WV EZPass didn't discount the tolls. Hope this helps. Safe travels, Larry.
Larry (WB4WSA) and Sheila
2006 Ford F350, CC, XLT Dually 6.0 PSD
2006 Keystone Copper Canyon 339FWTSLS FW
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 25KS TT

cbwallace
Explorer
Explorer
I have taken that route a few times going from Davenport, Iowa to Wilmington, NC. The first 2 times was pulling our 28' TT and the last time pulling our 32' FW. Only tolls are on I-64 between Cabin Creek and Beckley in WV. There are 3 booths heading South and 3 North. Each one was $6.50 but I have an I-Pass so could be a bit more expensive without.
Chris, Barb, two girls, a Yellow Lab and a Sammoyed
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4X4
B&W Turnover Ball w/Anderson Ultimate Hitch
2019 Grand Design Reflection 31MB
2007 Crownline 252 EX
Kayaks, Quads, Bikes and anything else we can drag along!