Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camping World/The Profit
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Camping World/The Profit

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
#Rvcamping

Home

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a past RV owner that did his homework, asked questions, read every form before signing, I'm here to say that one question I didn't think to ask was "Has there been any warranty work on the RV"? Camping Worlds profit my loss. I fought long and hard, wrote letters, made pleading phone calls and have realized that my health both physical and mental needs to rest. RV dealerships should have RVFax as do car dealers when buying a car and the consumer shouldn't have to ask for it. Warranty work is one of the money makers for dealerships I have found. Are they causing damages to an RV so that they can make their monthly quotas, so-called "trained" RV Techs causing damages for a paycheck? Don't buy, rent!

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brand new poster alleging criminal activity by CW? Poorly written. No facts. You do need a physical and mental rest.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are you talking about???????

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 01:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your post makes no sense to me. What difference does it make if it had warranty work before you bought it?

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

#Rvcamping

Home

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the unit had prior warranty work done on it for whatever part and the part malfunctioned again warranty will kick it back because it was already done. Think about it. Why would a brand new RV on the lot need any warranty work on it????

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 02:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#Rvcamping wrote:

If the unit had prior warranty work done on it for whatever part and the part malfunctioned again warranty will kick it back because it was already done. Think about it. Why would a brand new RV on the lot need any warranty work on it????

Because they are not perfect. Just like a new car needs warranty work sometimes.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#Rvcamping wrote:

As a past RV owner that did his homework, asked questions, read every form before signing, I'm here to say that one question I didn't think to ask was "Has there been any warranty work on the RV"? Camping Worlds profit my loss. I fought long and hard, wrote letters, made pleading phone calls and have realized that my health both physical and mental needs to rest. RV dealerships should have RVFax as do car dealers when buying a car and the consumer shouldn't have to ask for it. Warranty work is one of the money makers for dealerships I have found. Are they causing damages to an RV so that they can make their monthly quotas, so-called "trained" RV Techs causing damages for a paycheck? Don't buy, rent!

Make money on warranty work???
[image]
If they did we wouldn't have to fight to get warranty work done, it is a money loser. You really think the factory is going to pay $135 an hour?? That's the last posted price I saw in a CW. (also why I fix it my self)

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Warranty work is a money loser for the dealer. They only do it because it is required by the manufacturer to enable them to sell their product. I'm sure that there isn't a dealer who would love to never have to do any warrant work.
As to whether or not any warranty work has been preformed on a unit: what difference does it make?

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#Rvcamping wrote:

Actually not true. While under the warranty period the item would be covered no matter how many times it failed.
As to why it would need warranty work; parts fail even new ones. After bouncing around who knows where a flaky new part fails and needs replacing. The dealer does it before sale(which would be unusual but I guess it happens) to make it ready for sale.

2019 F250 Crew 4x4 6.2
2019 Rockwood UltraLite 2608BSD

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#Rvcamping wrote:

Also. remember. it was in a 70 MPH Cat 7 earthquake on it's way to the dealer.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Camping World/The Profit
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.