Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: membership extension offer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> membership extension offer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Central Lake RV'er

Central Lake Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 12:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been members of the Good Sam Club for almost a year and discovered this year that our cost would be $29.99 rather than the $10 we paid last year. Since we only used the membership for about a $10 savings on gas at Pilot/Flying J last year, we decided not to renew. But then we got a card in the mail saying we would be renewed for free if we took the card to our "nearest" Camping World store, which for us is 120+ miles away and not a place we're going to go to in the dead of a very snowy winter to, effectively, save $10.
Called the Houghton Lake, MI ("nearest") store and was told that they could not do it over the phone, nor could I mail them the coupon-that a personal visit was required...well, you know, that sucks...so no new membership for us this year!
I am also seriously re-considering the Roadside Assistance insurance we have that is also up for renewal, which has also increased in price from your "introductory offer". This is how loyal members are rewarded??
C'mon, Good Sam, you can do better than this!

Tim and Linda Gallagher

Lwiddis

Monterey, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 12:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What’s difficult to understand? CW wants you to visit their stores and is willing to reduce membership rates if you do do. “Loyalty” to CW is purchasing their items. “Introductory” offers are very common. So, if you wish, reconsider!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/20 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cable companies, cell phone companies, gyms, insurance, and a host of other companies and associations play the "introductory" plan game. If this is the only thing that bothers you about GS then I would consider you fortunate. This model of membership is everywhere and it isn't going anywhere. It has proven itself over the years as effective with many members renewing without even considering the increase. The renewing members either think it is still "worth it" or they just don't realize the change. Wait until you get the "automatic" renewal terms that some require.

2019 F250 Crew 4x4 6.2
2019 Rockwood UltraLite 2608BSD

Central Lake RV'er

Central Lake Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/20 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, I realize that. I was not born in the Stone Age. That still doesn't make it right. And my immediate issue is with the "free extension" of the club membership-all I have to do is drive 120+ miles for that "free extension".

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/20 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Central Lake RV'er wrote:

Thanks, I realize that. I was not born in the Stone Age. That still doesn't make it right. And my immediate issue is with the "free extension" of the club membership-all I have to do is drive 120+ miles for that "free extension".

Not everyone lives 120 miles from a CW. Just because it does not work for you, bet there are 1000's that it works great. I am sure you will be greatly missed, just like I am, and I live 10 miles away.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/20 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One year your name,next year significant others name. No biggie. We even do it with direct tv and a few other companies.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 06:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> membership extension offer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.