Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Trip out west, YNP, Glacier. Which cell booster to get?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Trip out west, YNP, Glacier. Which cell booster to get?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ToddD

Glenside, PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/20 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ChuckSteed wrote:

If you stay inside the park you can forget streaming anything. Outside the park in West Yellowstone at peak times streaming won’t be much good either. Make the 12 year old get off the electronics and enjoy what’s there to see.

Why does everyone have to be a critic? You don’t know my parenting style to make such a statement. Your comment about streaming didn’t need that last sentence tacked on.

Todd
2018 Jayco 377RLBH
2019 Ford F-450 Platinum

pconroy328

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/20 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a father of a child with Autism. The phone and Youtube are his lifeline and his way he copes with the outside world. We can do NPs but with some acomodations.

There are plenty of Chuck's out there. Usually it's a disapproving look. Sometimes they're bold enough to open their mouth.

My son's going to have to learn that this world is still full of folks who talk first, think later.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/20 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ToddD wrote:

Making a two month road trip west, week long stays in Black Hills, YNP, Teton, Glacier, and other “remote” areas.

We’re a Verizon family. 12 year old kid that will want to do typical streaming.

Have been looking at Weboost offerings. I’m handy and can do a hardwired install on 5th wheel.

I hooked up a Netgear MIMO antenna to our mifi, and it gave a little boost out here pn the populated east coast, but I’m not sure that’s robust enough for the wide open spaces out west.

You will be just fine with Verizon. There will be some dead spots between here in the Black Hills and Yellowstone and Glacier just like there are in other areas.

Just because we don't have the population doesn't mean we can't stream. Actually it is usually better because we don't have as many people streaming per tower.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with the RV65....I do use an omni antenna connected to it when traveling then set up the directional on a mount when stationary! Only had it this last trip and happy with it so far.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

JC2

Mo/Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/20 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ChuckSteed wrote:

If you stay inside the park you can forget streaming anything. Outside the park in West Yellowstone at peak times streaming won’t be much good either. Make the 12 year old get off the electronics and enjoy what’s there to see.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

jodeb720

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW,

Almost every year for the last 20+ years I've been to yosemite.
Verizon has a tower somewhere in or pointing into the park and has coverage in the campgrounds.

Sprint, text messages and voice work.
ATT & Tmobile sort of have coverage in certain locations in the valley.

I found all this out because my family that went all had different providers.

18 months ago, when I went the last time, I actually was working on my verizon Jetpack and did some testing - I was able to stream and such.

I don't know if the other vendors (e.g. Visible - a verizon subsidiary) or other MVNO's will workin the valley.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Trip out west, YNP, Glacier. Which cell booster to get?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.