Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maryland/ Delaware Area

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

Any suggestions for a July/ August vacation for this area? I heard great things about Castaways but you need to book a year in advance.

Thanks!
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH
14 REPLIES 14

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Massey's Landing has gone off the deep end with their prices. Just looked at July. Lowest price I saw was $139 a night. Just booked at Trap Pond State Park for 3 nights and it cost just over $100.

Drove threw Massey's Landing last year and Trap Pond. We stay at Delaware Seashore State Park and was looking to see if anything could compare in our eyes...
Agreed that Massey's landing is ridiculously expensive, and Trap Pond was nice, but a ride to the beach...

I've never been, its not my cup of tea. I have friends who have gone and liked it. We LOVE Delaware Seashore and want to try Cape Henlopen now that they have electric sites.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

schlep1967 wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
What type of things are you looking for? Castaways is a resort type park. Massey's Landing is up in Delaware, its right on the Rehoboth Bay, but it requires a drive to the beach. That's a resort park.

Massey's Landing has gone off the deep end with their prices. Just looked at July. Lowest price I saw was $139 a night. Just booked at Trap Pond State Park for 3 nights and it cost just over $100.

Drove threw Massey's Landing last year and Trap Pond. We stay at Delaware Seashore State Park and was looking to see if anything could compare in our eyes...
Agreed that Massey's landing is ridiculously expensive, and Trap Pond was nice, but a ride to the beach...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:
What type of things are you looking for? Castaways is a resort type park. Massey's Landing is up in Delaware, its right on the Rehoboth Bay, but it requires a drive to the beach. That's a resort park.

2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
For a smaller park with a great bass fishing/kayaking lake we like Island Resort Campground. Very reasonable rates and about 25 minutes from Ocean City.
If you are looking for something a little more inland, we just booked the 4th of July weekend at Trap Pond State Park in Delaware. It's just north of Salisbury, Md.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
ependydad wrote:
What about Cherry Hill and exploring DC?

Because DC is at least 2 hrs from the Bay Bridge & Eastern Shore & is a trip unto itself.

Right, I was saying make it the trip. I thought the OP was asking for locations in Maryland or Delaware.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
ependydad wrote:

Because DC is at least 2 hrs from the Bay Bridge & Eastern Shore & is a trip unto itself.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stayed at Assateague NS a number of times in the fall. No reservations. No problem. Don't leave anything on the picnic table. Horses.

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Assatigue is great even if you canโ€™t get one of the few electric sites. As long as it stays below 90 degrees, the ocean breeze is wonderful
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
Did you actually call Castaways? You might still be able to get site if you are flexible with your days of arrival and departure. Beautiful place. We go there every year.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Assateague State park has some electric hookups. NP has no hookups but allows generators in 2 loops. Kiptopeke State Park is in Va about an hour south on the DelMar Pinninsula. They have full hooks and cable. In both cases it is a short walk to the beach. But anywhere at the shore you need to book months or a year in advance. Everyone wants the weekends. But if you book from Sunday to Thursday you can sometimes find a site especially in spring or fall. We love September at the shore. Fewer people and easier to book a site.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are you looking for? Beach or sightseeing & kayaking?

The big demand is in the beach areas. In the center of the DELMARVA the pickings are much easier. We are based near Easton & Martinak SP in Denton is sort of a home park for us. Quiet & great kayaking if that is your thing. Attractions like St Michaels are not too very far away.

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR

Delaware Seashore State Park, either the North side OR South side. Although your looking around a Holiday, they book up 7 months in advance...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS