Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Moisture under mattress solutions please
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Moisture under mattress solutions please

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
54suds

adk mts.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/21/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/26/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cobra roof exhaust vent link


2017 Chev ltz double cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,30k super hitch 36" extention
1999 Bigfoot 1011

ticki2

NH

Senior Member

Joined: 07/09/2008

View Profile



Posted: 01/27/20 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator



That would work good , you would need 2 rolls .


'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

JimK-NY

NY

Senior Member

Joined: 05/12/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 01/27/20 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems this issue is getting way more attention than it deserves. I traveled full time for a couple of years and hardly ever had issues with moisture under the mattress. It only formed with cold, moist weather. Even then all I needed to do was stick something under the mattress so air would circulate. This was not a daily task just something to consider every week or so when needed. 90% or more of the time I used my camper, no action was needed, ever.

#1Flyboy

California

Senior Member

Joined: 09/08/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/27/20 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for some good answers folks! Put down a layer of 1/2” foam board and also ordered a queen Den-Dry... And it is definitely an issue when you find moisture under the mattress! We were volunteer camphosting in the desert and no issues there but came up to the moisture & rain in the Mother Lode to deal with some rental property issues and that’s when issues started....(We are FT in a AF 865 TC).....Again thanks for the replies!!!

billyray50

North Dallas

Senior Member

Joined: 05/23/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/28/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#1Flyboy wrote:

Thanks for some good answers folks! Put down a layer of 1/2” foam board and also ordered a queen Den-Dry... And it is definitely an issue when you find moisture under the mattress! We were volunteer camphosting in the desert and no issues there but came up to the moisture & rain in the Mother Lode to deal with some rental property issues and that’s when issues started....(We are FT in a AF 865 TC).....Again thanks for the replies!!!



Yes, so far the blue foam board has work for us so far. Thanks for heads up on dry den! Looks good. Going to order it to add to foam board.

hedgehopper

Denver

Senior Member

Joined: 11/16/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 01/29/20 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have not had a problem with moisture under the mattress, I think because we do not heat the cabover. In fact, we have drapes to keep the heat out of the cabover. We sleep best when the cabover is cool and we can pile on the covers.

jaycocreek

Idaho

Senior Member

Joined: 12/28/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/20 01:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hedgehopper wrote:

We have not had a problem with moisture under the mattress, I think because we do not heat the cabover. In fact, we have drapes to keep the heat out of the cabover. We sleep best when the cabover is cool and we can pile on the covers.


Plus 1...


1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

JimK-NY

NY

Senior Member

Joined: 05/12/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 01/30/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

hedgehopper wrote:

We have not had a problem with moisture under the mattress, I think because we do not heat the cabover. In fact, we have drapes to keep the heat out of the cabover. We sleep best when the cabover is cool and we can pile on the covers.


Plus 1...


I would guess your TC is better insulated than mine. I try to stop for the year or move South when the temps start dipping below freezing. If I turn the heat off at night, I wake to a TC temp of about 10-15 degrees warmer than outdoors; i.e., about 45 degrees. That is a bit too cold for comfort as far as I am concerned.

#1Flyboy

California

Senior Member

Joined: 09/08/2005

View Profile



Posted: 01/30/20 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hedge hopper & jaycocreek....We also sleep with windows & vent open.... We are also Full Time in the AF TC, so might be a different situation than yours???....Wasn’t an issue in the desert....

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 01/30/20 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to compare how the issue will change with location, in Las Vegas overnight temperatures will drop close to 40F, but I have to run 2 of "whole house" humidifiers to maintain 42% humidity in my house.
Suppose 42% kills flu virus.





Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Moisture under mattress solutions please
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.