Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Water pump
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like it goes onto printed circuit board behind monitor panel
Monitor panel wiring diagram

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

myface

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look like I have 2 switches. One on control panel and another on back ( external shower). I did flip the back water switch and got water. Can the back switch turn itself off?. I look at the diagram. It shows "remote water pump", but I do not have that switch on control panel.Could it be that the "remote water pump" refer to the back switch?. I still do not understand why I had to flip the back switch to get water.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only if it is bad!
I would look for a bad connection on the control panel
With the aid of a helper check for continuity from each switch to the panel.
Test the switches with a meter.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

cavie wrote:

You might have got it working but you have not fixed the problem. You should be able to turn the pump on and off from both locations.

If you do not have a pump controller and just 2 or 3 water Pump switches, then if ONE is ON, then you cannot turn the pump OFF from the other switches. Doug
Wrong. My Itasca has 2 water pump switches, no controller. It is wired just like 3-way light switches in a house. I can turn the pump on or off, from either location. If both switches are up, the pump is on. If both switches are down, the pump is on. If they do not match (i.e. one switch is up, the other switch is down), then the pump is off.

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The drawings indicate that the switches are a two way momentary. Monitor drawings donot show it, but looks as though it has a latching circuit.
You should be able to test at the circuit board for inputs and output to pump.
I would look for a loose connector, connection or bad switch.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4van wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

cavie wrote:

You might have got it working but you have not fixed the problem. You should be able to turn the pump on and off from both locations.

If you do not have a pump controller and just 2 or 3 water Pump switches, then if ONE is ON, then you cannot turn the pump OFF from the other switches. Doug
Wrong. My Itasca has 2 water pump switches, no controller. It is wired just like 3-way light switches in a house. I can turn the pump on or off, from either location. If both switches are up, the pump is on. If both switches are down, the pump is on. If they do not match (i.e. one switch is up, the other switch is down), then the pump is off.

MOST RV's do NOT use the 3 position switch like you have. They go the cheap way and use 2 position switches when they do NOT use a controller. I based my statement on the thousands of RV's I work on over 40 years. Yours is the odd ball. GOOD oddball. You would be amazed at how many RV's I have "Fixed" over the years because the Rv'er could NOT turn the pump off due to the switch method the OEM used. Doug

myface

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is got be be one of those 2 switches bad. Most like the one inside. Yesterday, to turn the pomp on(on back), I had to flip the switch down. Today I had to flip the switch up. I will try to find internal switch and replace.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remove switch, but first take photo of how the wires are connected. Switch should have some markings as to manufacturer, amperage and voltage.
JR products is a good source.
guessing it would be one like this on/off/on momentary

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/20 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen rigs with 3 or more switches. Momentary (touch touch or push one for on one for off) and if you had a drain leaking someone may have hit the outside switch.

But I suspect.. I have 2.. when the pump fails I've often had something bump up against the one I do not often use.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

myface

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think, that I found the problem. Any time the voltage overnite drop below 12V ( using heater) the pump turn off. Today the voltage stay above 12v and pump is working. I have no idea why, it could be some kind of sensor to prevent pump from overdrawing the battery.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.