cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon coast in Sept

countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
Will one need campground reservations along the Oregon coast in Sept. Electric if possible.
2004 Born Free class c
14 REPLIES 14

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
roaminaround wrote:
It definitely depends where you want to,stop. I would go with reservations. Many parks are still full especially on weekends and a lot has to do with salmon runs. Newport area is very hard to get into. Our favorite is Nehalem Bay state park and they always seem to have plenty of open sites. As others have said youโ€™ll love the Oregon coast and our state parks are incredible.

The last time I drove down the Oregon coast in the fall, Nehalem was filled and so was every camping area north of there to the Washington coast. Even the campground at Bandon was closed due to the fishing activity.

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
It definitely depends where you want to,stop. I would go with reservations. Many parks are still full especially on weekends and a lot has to do with salmon runs. Newport area is very hard to get into. Our favorite is Nehalem Bay state park and they always seem to have plenty of open sites. As others have said youโ€™ll love the Oregon coast and our state parks are incredible.
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel
2006 Fish Rite 18' Yamaha 115 and T8

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
YOu have to like rain.

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon State Parks are among the best in the country. While reservations are needed year round at many, some are first come first served. https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=reserve.dsp_firstcome

On the coast, Washburn and Cape Blanco have served me well in the past.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Reservations will likely be mandatory for Fri/Sat at most parks and some of the more popular parks maybe filled throughout the week. Even when the park is half empty if your staying multiple days you may have to move to a different site if someone has reserved your site for a particular day ... reservations would prevent that inconvenience.
Kevin

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
monkey44 wrote:
Just for info -In end Sept>>>thru October we've traveled the Oregon Coast several times, stayed in State Parks the entire time, and never had a reservation, nor a full campground. We began in Washington traveled all the way to California.

We have a 4x4 w/Truck Camper ... but saw plenty of spaces for larger rigs. In fact, we stayed in many campgrounds that were only half full. Just watch out for the weekends. Get a site mid-week, stay until at least Sunday.

Oregon Coast drive is incredible --- make a detour up to Crater Lake if you have time. If you stop at the Tillamook Cheese factory, buy a chunk, but buy a chunk of the Fudge tooooooo ... worth it !! Not cheap.

The ice cream is worth the trip, it is so good. We also traveled the coast in September and never got turned away.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We traveled the Oregon coast in mid to late September two years ago, and never had any issues with finding RV parks and such. We usually called either the day before or early that morning. We stayed in private RV parks and campgrounds. We had full hookups almost all the time. No biggie. We had a 40' 5th wheel toyhauler.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the park. For the most part you will be OK except on Fri/Sat. September/October is one of the best times on the coast. We generally do the central/south coast every year at that time and sometime into November.

Oh for the bygone days of a 23' motorhome that would fit into about anyplace. Leave home Friday night as soon as I got home, If we couldn't make the park sleep along side of the road and show up on Saturday morning. Kids loved it.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have visited twice in the Fall. It was crowded!!!! I had a difficult time finding places to stay even without electric hookups. I highly recommend reservations.

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
Just for info -In end Sept>>>thru October we've traveled the Oregon Coast several times, stayed in State Parks the entire time, and never had a reservation, nor a full campground. We began in Washington traveled all the way to California.

We have a 4x4 w/Truck Camper ... but saw plenty of spaces for larger rigs. In fact, we stayed in many campgrounds that were only half full. Just watch out for the weekends. Get a site mid-week, stay until at least Sunday.

Oregon Coast drive is incredible --- make a detour up to Crater Lake if you have time. If you stop at the Tillamook Cheese factory, buy a chunk, but buy a chunk of the Fudge tooooooo ... worth it !! Not cheap.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
if you can get in one without reservations their is usually a reason. buyer beware!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
October is usually great too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
While the kids are back in school, we see retirees from Canada and California and parks are still full.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
countrykids wrote:
Will one need campground reservations along the Oregon coast in Sept. Electric if possible.

Most likely. SEPTEMBER is the best month to visit the Oregon coast.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad