cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheets for non-standard beds.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at bunkhouse model TT for our family of 5. It seems everybody makes bunks in all kinds of "random" sizes that do not match standard bed sizes. Do these trailers come with custom sheets to fit their odd sized mattresses? Are fitted sheets for these available? Are most people just not using sheets or just making due with ones that are too large?
I wouldn't want my often dirty children lying directly on the mattresses. I also would find sheets much easier to launder than something like a sleeping bag.
Just curious what others are doing.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
I successfully altered fitted sheets to fit my rv mattress. Queen Rv mattress was 6” shorter than what we use in the house. (I determined that with a tape measure. ). I sewed a 3” tuck from side to side right through the middle. Visualize this: after sewing I have a 3” flap (by that I have shortened the sheet 6”.). Then I removed 2” of the flap, leaving 1”. I cut just ONE of the sides again to 1/2” and folded the 1” over the 1/2” and pinned it in place then stitched through all thicknesses. This makes a Felt Fell seam. Raw edge is encased just like the side seam down your leg of jeans. Sheet fits perfect & you never notice the alteration. I had extra sheets on hand so no expense to me.

stallsmi
Explorer
Explorer
Had a problem getting non-standard sheet sizes to fit our convertible sofa in our TT. We got adjustable bed sheets from PPL Motorhomes that work great. They use velcro closures to give you whatever size you need. We got king size sheets that we adjust downward to the odd shape of our sofa bed.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have a bunk house and most "standard" bunkhouse mattresses will fit a regular queen size sheet, you just have to double it up. Place the sheet on top with one side within the pockets, then completely encase the mattress with the remaining sheet, bringing the remaining "pocket" to the same side that you began with. Works perfect! You can use the sheet anchors and we do use those on our bed.

I found this out because on our first trip out for the year, I grabbed what I thought was our twin mattress sheets, but were actually our queen bed sheets. I wasn't going to let them sleep on just the mattress, so I had planned to just tuck it up under the mattress, but found that it went all the way around. When the first side gets dirty (with young kids, usually a few days), I just reposition the sheet with the clean side up....double use out of one sheet.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just have the wife sew a set of single up. It may sound old fashion, but people still do those things.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
If you want custom made sheet set, ( fitted bottom sheet ), try Mattressinsider - https://www.mattressinsider.com/rv-sheets-camper-sheets-truck-sheets.html

Pricey, but very nice.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I used to buy odd sized sheets at JCPenney. They don't have custom sizes but they do have a large selection. You might try there. And Amazon.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Look up "sheet suspenders" on Amazon.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
We use regular sheets but attach suspenders (for pants) underneath and they keep the sheets pretty good. The suspenders are shortened up as much as possible then attached to the sheet corners thus keeping them in place.
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
many, many sources out there. i just purchased two sets of RV short queen (60x74) from amazon. also fo a google search for 'custom rv bedding'.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle