cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TorkLift GlowStep Revolution Install and Review

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howdy folks. Today I completed my install of my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps and had to share my experience!

I have had several RV's from pop-ups to travel trailers to 5th wheels, each with a slightly different type/brand/style of entry steps.

Our first campers had the factory steel fold up steps. You know how great ๐Ÿ˜‰ these are, lol...

My previous travel trailer, the Rockwood 2608, came from the factory with the MORryde fold in steps. We really liked how solid these steps were, but, like a lot of folks, didn't much like the fact they folded INTO the RV and had to be deployed to enter the coach.

Fast forward to our purchase of our current rig, and Grand Design 5th wheel. This coach came with the factory aluminum fold out steps, as you can see below -

Now, these are a step above from the old steel steps, but lack the stability of the MORryde steps which we were used to.

Now what to do?

I am a member of several forums and have engaged in several discussions concerning RV steps and have defended the MORryde steps on occasion as they were, at the time, the best steps I had personal experience with.

Fast forward a little. My new factory steps are leaving much to be desired.

First, we had to have a box built with 2x4's to use a first step since the first real step was WAY too high.

Second, the last step reminded me of a diving board. When you stepped on it it was very springy and made the whole coach move, whether you were going up or down!

Hey, I know what your thinking! I only weigh 190...

So, not wanting the steps that fold into the coach, but wanting the stability, the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution stood out as the right choice.

I had read several reviews of the GlowSteps, but had not seen or used them personally. Well, that was about to change!

Say hello to my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution RV Steps!! Well, the box anyway... They came packed very well!

And finally unboxed!

The box contained the fully assembled GlowSteps, the installation/owners manual and a bag of hardware.

The removal and installation was extremely easy. My original steps were held on by 4 bolts that were easily accessible. A 9/16 socket was all that was needed to get them ready to remove.

I used the box that my TorkLift steps came in as a jack! I just slid the box under the old steps, removed the bolts and pulled the box out. Viola! The old steps were out!

One thing I noticed as I was removing the old steps. Look at the HUGE difference in the thickness of the metal between the original steps and the TorkLift! The TorkLift GlowSteps are STOUT and built to last!!!

Original step -

The TorkLift GlowStep Revolution -

You can really see how much thicker the GlowStep frame is!

So, using the box again as my floor jack, I slid the GlowSteps into position and lined up the holes. The holes lined up perfectly and all I had to to was insert the 4 bolts and tighten them down.

Here they are fully deployed -

And here they are locked in position for traveling -

The install took maybe 30 minutes, and I was in no rush whatsoever. The instructions were easy to make out and all necessary hardware was included.

So, how do we like them?

Well, we took the rest of the day to try them out, go up and down, adjust them several ways, pack and deploy them, etc, etc.

All we can say is WOW! They are really nice and incredibly sturdy when deployed. No more diving board! My wife is REALLY happy (and that's all that really counts) and the dogs like them too! The steps are wide and easy to navigate.

Did I mention solid! We really like the 3 adjustment points at the top so you can really fine tune the steps and then customize the bottom adjustments to get them perfect!

And when locked for travel they are not going anywhere!

Well, thanks for reading my long winded post. If you have any questions, feel free to email me @ ncblue66@gmail.com

Happy Camping!!
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
18 REPLIES 18

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was offered a set a few years ago also but declined as the 4 step ElkHart Industries steps are VERY solid. At 195# my bottom step deflects 1/2", that's nothing.

If I were to go to another type it would be the TorkLift for sure! NO WAY would I want the MORryde steps that fold up inside the RV.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Freeway_Flyer_0
Explorer
Explorer
I was given a set for review and promotion a few years ago. I installed them on our bumper pull TH, still using and really like them.
2007 Dodge QC 4x4 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD
2014 Stealth BP TH
2017 Harley Ultra Limited

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not sure where he got his but E-Trailer has about the most complete list and best prices that I have found.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Torklift also has a version for truck campers, which I installed about 2 years ago

Shown in this video
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
2Rad4U wrote:
Say hello to my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution RV Steps!! Well, the box anyway... They came packed very well!

Where did you buy them?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you need more pics for reference just let me know. The steps do come out farther from the door, but that makes entering the coach while opening the door easier, so there is a benefit!!
Chris
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting this - I've thought about getting these stairs. I have the GD 303RLS so your pics are showing what it would look like on mine as well.

I get your point about the steps swaying when using them. I've solved this by putting a jack underneath the bottom step to make it more solid. I also get your point about the lower step being too high - it's not a problem for us, yet and these stairs seem to extend further out into the space where we set up chairs and a table. I'm on the fence, but again, thanks for posting. It helps give me perspective.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I got the Glow steps for some time now and I can't find any complain.I think is as stable like solid one but you don't get dirt and water inside when you fold them.For me they are the best.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Excellent report -- well done!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

KLYoung
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks 2Rad4U, that's what I needed to know. Hadn't heard of these steps before but will know have to consider them over the MorRyde.

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
KLYoung, you wont have that problem with these. They have 3 adjustments at the top and then you can adjust the bottom legs.

And they dont unfold in a fixed plane, they pull
out instead of down.
Chris
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

KLYoung
Explorer
Explorer
I have had instances where I couldn't lower my standard steps completely (hitting the ground before the bottom step was unfolded). Is there the same problem with these or do they eliminate that problem?

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I was sent a set of the Torklift Revolution Glowstep Uprisings. I wasn't able to use them. These are the model that replace the Solid Step types that go inside the RV, not the ones that tuck under the RV. My screen door hinge would hit the steps when they were in the transport position so the screen door wouldn't close. That made it impossible for the main door to close as well. The engineers worked on a solution and they decided the fix was to cut out a portion of the door hinge. I refused to ruin the screen door of my RV to make their steps work. I agree Torklift Glowsteps are very good steps and will work fine for many RV applications but I would make sure they will work on your RV before buying them.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
Torquelift gave me a set about 4 years ago. They are fantastic. Ive had fat people and skinny people try them out and they were all impressed. They are more expensive but thats how it works. The good stuff always costs more, why shouldnโ€™t it. Good job on your write up.

They also gave me a set about a year and a 1/2 ago too for review. Wonderful company to work with and a amazing product. I always say never say never but I can't ever see myself going to another type of step again.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel