cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning Fabric Replacement

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Has anyone replaced just the fabric on a power awning? Specifically a Dometic awning? If you had it replace what did you pay? Mine is getting a little frayed up towards the front.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
7 REPLIES 7

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife and I replaced ours in one evening after work. Do a search for RV awning Replacement on YouTube. There are several. Pretty much each one will have some little nugget that will make the process easier so watch several of them.
Two able bodied adults, a ladder or two (we used one and backed the pick-up truck up next to the trailer as a work platform for the other end), a few hand tools and some ratchet straps or zip ties to hold the arms in place. Oh yea, one of the tips was lining the slot you pull the awning into with duct tape at the end so you are not as likely to tear the fabric.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
After searching my archives, I'm not finding info on what I paid, but here's the original article on the replacement process.

It's in the ForWhatItsWorth department:

A&E Awning fabric replacement - With pictures!
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced awning fabric on 20'power awning, think the brand of our awning is Carefree. Bought fabric from Tough Top Awnings in Oregon. Fabric is good quality. They make them to order. Cost was I think $260 delivered. Installed it with a friend in a couple of hours or less.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have not replaced the awning of our power awning, but we did replace a previous RVs non-motorized one. DH and I with one other person took the old one off, put the new fabric on and it took about 1 1/2 hrs. I was on the roof guiding the fabric through the slot and DH and his friend were on ladders helping to guide it on through.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a previous poster said, try Shade Pro https://www.shadepro.net/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmsrxBRDaARIsANyiD1rpZeIbgEzqheV1MXofzoAm8R6pEeBBa-K-WfXPUOGf3DXwFdI69UkaAt-FEALw_wcB

https://www.toughtopawnings.com/ Also check this one out.

I ordered new fabric from Shade Pro for our Carefree Electric with aluminum cover. You need all measurements and number of slats in cover. They are very helpful and quick.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I paid something like $130 from an eBay source and it was total junk. The sun and heat came right through it. Beware the cheap stuff!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, I have. Replaced a 20' Dometic(A&E) power awning fabric last summer. The fabric came from ShadePro and was $200, and installation was $150 or so, I don't remember exactly. Could have been a bit less.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"