Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: cruiser MPG 2550RB
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> cruiser MPG 2550RB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
jayflight116

lancaster pa

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/20 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at purchasing a Cruiser MPG 2550RB. Does anyone have any input on this line/brand of travel trailers.? Don't really know anything about them but I love the floor plan. thank you

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/20 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a thought on that layout if you like to watch the tv at all. That layout doesn’t have any comfortable positions to see it from. The sofa would be most comfortable but it’s at a 90 degree angle. Booth dinette seats aren’t usually comfortable and are also at an angle.

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

jayflight116

lancaster pa

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/20 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hey camp-n-family. what your saying makes perfect sense and I thought about that. however, watching tv is the least of my concerns. rarely do while camping. it's just me and the S.O. I absolutely love the layout and the big bathroom.

FrankoToo

New Braunfels, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/20 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't speak for the MPG line specifically but we've had no issues with our Cruiser Stryker so far. There is a fairly active Cruiser RV Owners group on Facebook. You may want to join and post your question there.

Good luck in your search.

FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

jayflight116

lancaster pa

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I appreciate the responses. I guess my only other concern is the mattress. does not seem very good. It is called a "king" but it is only 72" wide. whenever I look for a different mattress it seems a king is 76" wide. any suggestions as to best place to get a new "RV" mattress that's gonna fit?

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/20 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camp-n-family wrote:

Just a thought on that layout if you like to watch the tv at all. That layout doesn’t have any comfortable positions to see it from. The sofa would be most comfortable but it’s at a 90 degree angle. Booth dinette seats aren’t usually comfortable and are also at an angle.

The TV may be attached with an articulated mount so that it can be pulled forward and turned towards the sofa. So comfortable viewing may not be a problem.

We have a 2011 FunFinder 210WBS. It's been a good camper with no significant problems. We're very satisfied with it.

I agree that this is a very nice floorplan. The dual bathroom sinks is a luxurious touch, but I wonder if it's practical. Is the room really big enough to accommodate two adults?

Slide out mounted refrigerators are somewhat less efficient because they vent through the sidewall rather than through the roof. Some are equiped with a fan to improve ventilation, but if boondocking battery drain may become an issue.

About the mattress. Most camper mattresses are of mediocre quality at best. Rather than replacing it try a memory foam topper. You need not buy one specifically for an RV; buy one anywhere and if necessary cut it to fit the campers mattress size.

* This post was edited 02/04/20 10:19am by ADK Camper *

jayflight116

lancaster pa

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey ADK-Camper, thank you for all your input. I am biting the bullet and buying it. it is a 2019, the couple used it one season and I am getting a great deal on it. You can not even tell it was ever used. I absolutely love the bathroom and yes, plenty of room for 2 people to be in there at the same time. Will definitely put an articulating tv mount it so I can swing it out where I want it. Happy Camping!!!

pasta4lnch

long island

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd love to see the 2500bh. Been to a bunch of random dealers and shows and have yet to see one to check out...sadly nothing bear me to check out.

jayflight116

lancaster pa

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey pasta4lnch, I was in the 2500bh at the rv show here in Hershey last fall. nice layout for a bunk house. roomy for only being 25 ft. I just don't need the bunks anymore so I did end up buying the 2550rb. Love it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> cruiser MPG 2550RB
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.