cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rv systems warranty?

Not applicable
A friend just bought a 2018 , 6100 miles Berkshire diesel. He is looking at a warranty called. “Motorhome warranty- Repaircare”. Anyone have any pros-cons on this at $5900? I had a warranty on mine but dumped it less than a year in w/ rebate. 6years in for me, glad I did. No issues on my Bago gasser. Or is he better off “self funding”.? Or a better one out there?
6 REPLIES 6

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I have XtraRide extended warranty on my 5th wheel. They've been excellent to work with. Covered every claim I've made with no hassle. They've worked with 3rd party RV shops so no need to go to dealer.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
henleyd wrote:
Or is he better off “self funding”.?

Make sure he understands what if any warranty is left on the chassis as that’s usually the BIG item. Have him get a copy of what they are offering in regards to what they will fix, and more importantly NOT fix. If he’s willing to self insure, but wants NOT to be unprepared for a big event, put some money away slated for, and only for, motorhome repairs.

Some folks on here will tell you how glad they took out the policy, many more will say not worth the money. Does having it help you sleep more soundly?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
x2, gbopp. Read it carefully!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Tell your friend to ask for a copy of the insurance policy (extended warranty). Read it and find the exclusions before he spends his money.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most private extended warranties cover everything but what actually goes wrong. Bank that dough, collect interest on the money and learn to fix stuff yourself. I just consider the guys that build these things and say to myself...if they can do it......

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Don't waste the money! Put in the bank for repairs on his own!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker