Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Fleetwood Storm quality
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Fleetwood Storm quality

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
KAYPAY

Windsor , ON. Dundee FL

Full Member

Joined: 06/11/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/03/20 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greeting, We are looking to move from our class B to a Fleetwood Storm. We reallly like the floor plan of the Storm 32V , presently looking at a 2016 model. Does anyone on this forum have one or know anything about the quality of Fleetwood in the past few years.


Diane and Keith
2004 Roadtrek P190

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

Senior Member

Joined: 05/13/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/03/20 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.


Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Yaesu FTDX 101D Acom 1000, Icom 7100
Steve and Joy
2011 Itasca Meridian 40u . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie


way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/03/20 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ranger Smith wrote:

It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.


Actually the FR3 is their entry level model, but yes it's on their lower end. The rest of your comment isn't really helpful, especially coming from a DP owner.

To the OP, you just need to have realistic expectations. Class B's usually have better quality than most gas class A's. But cost per square foot is also considerably more. In short, Class A's - as most things - you get what you pay for. If you want to spend less on a lower end model just have realistic expectations about what you are getting for your dollar. Most people on here are into brand bashing but at the level you are talking, one manufacturer is as good as another in that space. Hence your findings on complaints are pretty consistent across all brands. "Quality' is hard to come by in the RV world to begin with, let alone at the gasser, lower end scale.

* This post was edited 02/03/20 02:27pm by way2roll *


2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

Senior Member

Joined: 05/13/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/03/20 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Ranger Smith wrote:

It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.


Actually the FR3 is their entry level model, but yes it's on their lower end. The rest of your comment isn't really helpful, especially coming from a DP owner.

To the OP, you just need to have realistic expectations. Class B's usually have better quality than most gas class A's. But cost per square foot is also considerably more. In short, Class A's - as most things - you get what you pay for. If you want to spend less on a lower end model just have realistic expectations about what you are getting for your dollar. Most people on here are into brand bashing but at the level you are talking, one manufacturer is as good as another in that space. Hence your findings on complaints are pretty consistent across all brands. "Quality' is hard to come by in the RV world to begin with, let alone at the gasser, lower end scale.


It does not matter if my comment was helpful or not. It was my opinion and I was expressing it.

Branson N Tucson

Tn

Full Member

Joined: 05/09/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/03/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't waste your money on a Fleetwood storm. I would look at a Winabago.

FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

Senior Member

Joined: 05/27/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/03/20 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ranger Smith wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Ranger Smith wrote:

It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.


Actually the FR3 is their entry level model, but yes it's on their lower end. The rest of your comment isn't really helpful, especially coming from a DP owner.

To the OP, you just need to have realistic expectations. Class B's usually have better quality than most gas class A's. But cost per square foot is also considerably more. In short, Class A's - as most things - you get what you pay for. If you want to spend less on a lower end model just have realistic expectations about what you are getting for your dollar. Most people on here are into brand bashing but at the level you are talking, one manufacturer is as good as another in that space. Hence your findings on complaints are pretty consistent across all brands. "Quality' is hard to come by in the RV world to begin with, let alone at the gasser, lower end scale.


It does not matter if my comment was helpful or not. It was my opinion and I was expressing it.


The FR3 is a Forest river, not a Fleetwood. Unless I'm missing something....

Al

RayChez

Barstow, Ca. USA

Senior Member

Joined: 09/13/2003

View Profile



Posted: 02/03/20 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Storm is an entry level motor home, but you probably will not pay much for it and maybe that is what you want. Your choice, nobody elses. If your happy that is all that matters. But I will say that on motor homes you can get a lemon on any brand. I have seen expensive coaches that are a piece of trash, and at the same time I have seen entry level that have served their owners well. Quality Control is just not in the motor home industry as far as I am concerned. But it is a shame that as much money as these coaches cost that they would be manufactured better.

But I think the Ranger was a little harsh on his comment. I had not participated in this forum in a long time, because at one time if you did not own a Newmar all other coaches were junk. And there used to be big arguments between the Tiffin owners and the Newmar owners. I did not like that arguing back and forth. To me it was childish.

* This post was edited 02/04/20 11:24am by RayChez *


2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

Senior Member

Joined: 05/13/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/04/20 04:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FloridaRosebud wrote:

Ranger Smith wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Ranger Smith wrote:

It is their entry model and in my opinion . . . JUNK . . . Don't waste your money.


Actually the FR3 is their entry level model, but yes it's on their lower end. The rest of your comment isn't really helpful, especially coming from a DP owner.

To the OP, you just need to have realistic expectations. Class B's usually have better quality than most gas class A's. But cost per square foot is also considerably more. In short, Class A's - as most things - you get what you pay for. If you want to spend less on a lower end model just have realistic expectations about what you are getting for your dollar. Most people on here are into brand bashing but at the level you are talking, one manufacturer is as good as another in that space. Hence your findings on complaints are pretty consistent across all brands. "Quality' is hard to come by in the RV world to begin with, let alone at the gasser, lower end scale.


It does not matter if my comment was helpful or not. It was my opinion and I was expressing it.


The FR3 is a Forest river, not a Fleetwood. Unless I'm missing something....

Al


I know . . . I didn't want to embarrass him with his mis-information

craig7h

Branson MO area

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2002

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/04/20 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You really gotta love it when folks change the model you are asking about. The OP started asking about a Fleetwood Storm and through the great posting ability of folks it changed to a FR3. With that being said its fun to watch the postings.

Kaypay you may be better off finding a Fleetwood rv forum to ask. IRV2 also has a brand specific forum. Good Luck


Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/04/20 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whoops, not sure what I was thinking, for some reason I though REV bought FR, but I guess I was wrong.

rest of the post still applicable.

* This post was edited 02/04/20 07:14am by way2roll *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > Fleetwood Storm quality
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.