Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2020 vs '17-'19 Ford 6.7
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2020 vs '17-'19 Ford 6.7

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/20 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

johndeerefarmer wrote:

I just test drove one------ and ordered one.

Turbo lag is way better than my '16. Power on acceleration is great... Steering feels good. My '16 is too loose and the '17 I had was too tight.

There are ZERO within 5 hours of me to test drive... My dealer called me last night ( while I was out of state ) to tell me they just dealer traded for one from WV and it was on it's way there.

Figures, I was out of state...I have found 1 or 2 of the 6.7, but I want the same trim as well to test drive..
Even know I already ordered, I am am getting ITCHY

That's strange.....there's LOTS of them on dealer lots around here. [emoticon]

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

johndeerefarmer wrote:

I just test drove one------ and ordered one.

Turbo lag is way better than my '16. Power on acceleration is great... Steering feels good. My '16 is too loose and the '17 I had was too tight.

There are ZERO within 5 hours of me to test drive... My dealer called me last night ( while I was out of state ) to tell me they just dealer traded for one from WV and it was on it's way there.

Figures, I was out of state...I have found 1 or 2 of the 6.7, but I want the same trim as well to test drive..
Even know I already ordered, I am am getting ITCHY

That's strange.....there's LOTS of them on dealer lots around here. [emoticon]

Driving home from work today I went out of my way to pass another dealer that I know... they had gotten a delivery in last night and there was a King Ranch and a Platinum..

I talked the sales manager into letting me take it for a spin around the parking lot... That thing is sweet for sure....

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

delete.

* This post was edited 02/14/20 04:40pm by ppine *

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

I agree that buying a new truck every 3 years makes no sense at all. They are expensive, they last and they depreciate.

I bought a 2002 Ford 7.3 new and I am still driving it because there is nothing wrong with it. It is dependable and now it is going up in value. I paid $35k and it is worth close to $20k.

Buying new never makes sense and usually the more often you replace the truck the higher your costs will be. If I was replacing an 18 year old 7.3 today with one like I'm driving I'd have to dish out at least $50k. As it is I've spent a total of 80k upgrading several times over the last 18 years. So assuming I could have run a 2002 all this time I could be 30k richer right now had I not been trading my trucks so often. 30k over 15 years is not a big deal to me at this point in my life.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

hondapro

Central Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

My 2020 should be in sometime early to mid March, my first tow is mid April. I will know at that point if there is a noticeable difference from the “15” to the 2020

Be sure to post your review after you pull with it.
I live in central PA (Clearfield county) I am very happy with my 16 6.7, but am intersted in your opinion of the 20 since we likely travel some of the same routes at times.

Steve
2016 F-350 6.7 Diesel
2015 Springdale 311RE

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hondapro wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

My 2020 should be in sometime early to mid March, my first tow is mid April. I will know at that point if there is a noticeable difference from the “15” to the 2020

Be sure to post your review after you pull with it.
I live in central PA (Clearfield county) I am very happy with my 16 6.7, but am intersted in your opinion of the 20 since we likely travel some of the same routes at times.

will do.... my maiden voyage will be the week of April 15th down to Richmond VA for NASCAR week in VA....

Mbiviano

Denver

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

4xford.... you just sunk your own battleship.
Your backing skills are exemplary, but not your math.
If I’d claimed I could average $2k/year depreciation by trading up, I wouldn’t have written a paragraph admitting I’d be $7k a year into it!

I don’t think he said anything about depreciation per se, he’s just comparing cash outlay.

4x4ord-If I’m following your numbers you were really only $3k (63k v 60k) worse off over the ten-year period, correct?

Matt
2015 Forest River Wildcat 337FB Bunkhouse
2015 Ford F350 CC SRW PSD LB
Me/Wife/Twins/Dog

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mbiviano wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

4xford.... you just sunk your own battleship.
Your backing skills are exemplary, but not your math.
If I’d claimed I could average $2k/year depreciation by trading up, I wouldn’t have written a paragraph admitting I’d be $7k a year into it!

I don’t think he said anything about depreciation per se, he’s just comparing cash outlay.

4x4ord-If I’m following your numbers you were really only $3k (63k v 60k) worse off over the ten-year period, correct?

That's right. The mistake that many people make with their math is they figure they're constantly putting out cash to up grade one way. So they spend 118k over 10 years. (55k to start with and 63k upgrading) Then they consider keeping the same truck for 10 years and think "I paid 55k for that 2010 truck and I can sell it for 20k today, so it only cost them 35k." The thing is, after selling the truck in the second scenario he needs to spend 80k to buy a new truck again to get to where he would be in the first scenario.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2020 vs '17-'19 Ford 6.7
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.