Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: A Real Poser
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> A Real Poser

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK: There are a lot of RVers..mot of us sensible,,,and not drunk.
Most are out and about more than everyone else except cowboys riding the range.
And...yet not a single photo or account of an UFO or Sasquish.
Everyone has a cell phone with a camera. Welll....we expect to see this years startign now, to see pictures of little green amen, their ships and big hairy stinky fellers from the woods raiding trash cans and RVs.
So stay up late and reline that chair around the campfire.
No painting your Rv green and hallooween masks...and clean the lens f your cameras.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/20 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's been noted a number of times in various scientific journals how the reported sightings of UFO's, Bigfoot, etc., have all but ceased since nearly everyone began carrying a camera around with them.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/20 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/20 03:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

It's been noted a number of times in various scientific journals how the reported sightings of UFO's, Bigfoot, etc., have all but ceased since nearly everyone began carrying a camera around with them.

And most would not even notice Sasquish walking behind them because they are looking at their phone.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/20 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL [emoticon]

* This post was edited 02/05/20 06:35am by an administrator/moderator *

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Etstorm

Frankston,TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/20 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The comedian, James Gregory, had a bit about UFO’s that was hilarious.

Something about “ don’t you think just once they would take the kids to Disney World after traveling all that way?”

“ But noooo, they land at a pig farm in Arkansas!”

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You wanna talk to them? Try the music notes: B flat, C, A flat, (octave lower) A flat, E flat.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm certain that somebody is looking for intelligent life on earth.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/20 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to visit a pig farm in Arkansas , I done been to Disney !

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the spirit of wild, Sasquatch or not I offer this.
In the late seventies in the Cumberland Mountain wilds near Alabama or just over on an old road or animal path where I never saw or heard another human I had an unusual experience and about 10 miles by foot from my truck.
I had walked more than hunted these pats for many years. and was familiar with many places where Ancestors camped lived and hunted.
One wa huge boulder on a ledge20 ft or so above a free flowing spring, and "house" underneath the boulder. Across from it on the other side of the trail another flat boulder. I had sat there many times and had does mostly follow me sniffing my trail and turning to look me over. I would wave or something and generally they would up th hill toward the beside it and over toward the spring. One day at about five miles in, perhaps, the hackles on the back of my neck stood up.
I turned and scouted around a bit but saw or heard nothing, but from that point on, I started noticing small sounds, and crackling leaf litter and twigs. But I could nto smell nor see anything. I could see, about fifty feet back on the rather open trail and among the trees on the sides of the trail.
I was concerned but my rifle was loaded and cocked with safety on
When I got to the boulder,my intention was go upon the boulder and watch the spring where I had watched just about every creature in the woods come for water over the years.
But a strange thing happened.
Does came out of the woods behind me and two down the rise from the boulder. They stood in the path facing back along the trail, five in a ll I think. They then turned and stomped their feet and snorted toward me, an then turned facing my back trail they did this three times.
When two turned their heads back toward me, I had already decided it was time to get out of the woods. I cut across the trail to the little flat boulder and down the hollow, and down the hollow and back up a semi clear game trail and though brush where the Redcoats or even bears wouldn't go. It was near dark by the time I covered, I estimate 12 or more miles, on that route back to my truck, next to the little cemetery.. I sat there for a bit with headlights on focused on back trail. As I backed up to turn around I thought I saw some eyes, yellow like most game, coming pretty darn fast down the trail. I left quickly. My hunts usually consisted of me laying down by a little spring or creek and watching the wildlife or sleeping, to be awakened by squirrels thought stuff from the trees above and even running up my britches legs. I fed parts of my sandwiches to some of them in my lap.
And the deer would be right there seeing what the snoring was about.
Ye simply sitting in,the wilds and simply sleeping and snoring will draw curious seldom if ever hunted wildlife. They are curious too.
I never have figured out what was following me that day.
That is the only reasonable logical assumption I can make of it. And it is the reason I don't hunt deer today, but if I was hungry I might have to.

* This post was edited 02/08/20 05:39pm by down home *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> A Real Poser
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.