cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV easy start A/C

JCR-1
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering or inquiring if anyone has tried that new easy start air conditioner starter. It sells for around a 100.00.. Any good ? appreciate thoughts and comments
https://www.rv-ac.com/Easy-RV-AC-Starter.html
12 REPLIES 12

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
librty02 wrote:
GORDON12 wrote:
health? How to support it? I believe that with the help of keto! who are interested write to me or see the info here ***Link Removed***!

SPAM :M

I tried to "notify moderator" and received a failure notice

Same here
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
librty02 wrote:
GORDON12 wrote:
health? How to support it? I believe that with the help of keto! who are interested write to me or see the info here ***Link Removed***!

I tried to "notify moderator" and received a failure notice

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
GORDON12 wrote:

GORDON12
Explorer
Explorer

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
I installed the microair unit. Easy to install, and it works extremely well. Instructions were well written. I did not buy the installation kit, but I highly recommend you get it. I know you're looking at a different brand, I'm very happy with the Microair.

I agree, the micro air does what it claims. Ours has been a real time saver, only need on honda 2200 to run the AC at altitudes up near 7K feet, and my brother added one to his trailer as well. He couldn't get the AC started w/o it with the honda 2200, now he runs his at 6-7K feet quite often with no issues.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed the microair unit. Easy to install, and it works extremely well. Instructions were well written. I did not buy the installation kit, but I highly recommend you get it. I know you're looking at a different brand, I'm very happy with the Microair.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Whenever I see blatant bad grammar / typos / lack of attention to detail in marketing materials, I loose faith in the product being marketed.

Yep, I lose faith too. :B

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
delaying the start of the fan will help if your at the "almost" instead of "barely" adequate stage. For many many AC starting issues with generators your often no where near the "almost" conditions, your at the "won't" condition.

The micro air easy start will work for those "won't" and "almost" cases. The posted solution may work for some of the "almost" conditions.

A time delay circuit for the fan start is less than $10 worth of parts. I suspect the profit on this solution is quite high. But if it works for you great.

I made one for less than $10 with a time delay relay and a resistor to set the time delay. Unforetunetly the time delay relay for this has been discontinued.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
librty02 wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Totally bizarre how they list the BTU as 13`500 instead of 13,500

Whenever I see blatant bad grammar / typos / lack of attention to detail in marketing materials, I loose faith in the product being marketed.

Same here 1st rule of thumb seeing things like that anywhere is "SCAM"

This is horrible...

The Westinghouse iGen2500 portable inverter generator produces up to 2,500 peak watts and 2,200 running watts, only 48lb and super quiet (ust 52dB). Sold from most mayor retailers.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:

Same here 1st rule of thumb seeing things like that anywhere is "SCAM"

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer

Bob

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a valid approach, I believe a member here has done the same mod. I donโ€™t think it is as effective as the Micro-air, but it is cheaper and simpler.
-- Chris Bryant