cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furrion Camera System - backup camera

dkuntz
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a new Fifth wheel that is prepped for the Furrion Camera system (rear and sides, as well as a module in the trailer). Anyone have experience with this camera system? It’s really expensive for just a few camera’s, so wondering if its worth the price tag or not. Is the 5” screen big enough or would you recommend the 7”?

I’m going to be double-towing a small ATV trailer behind by fifth wheel it so want to have a camera monitoring the trailer for me while I’m driving. If you have any recommendations for other systems that aren’t as expensive please throw them my way.

Thanks!
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax, short bed
2020 Keystone Cougar Fifth Wheel 29MBS
Diamondback cover - Sided loaded
2017 Polaris Sportsman 450
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2
5 REPLIES 5

dkuntz
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Mmwtdh wrote:
I strap the monitor to my rear view mirror so it's just natural to glance up and check behind me....

How do you strap it to the mirror?

To the OP, I got our camera system off of Amazon. It was far cheaper than Furion, and I've been happy with it so far.

What camera/system did you get off Amazon?
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax, short bed
2020 Keystone Cougar Fifth Wheel 29MBS
Diamondback cover - Sided loaded
2017 Polaris Sportsman 450
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Mmwtdh wrote:
I strap the monitor to my rear view mirror so it's just natural to glance up and check behind me....

To the OP, I got our camera system off of Amazon. It was far cheaper than Furion, and I've been happy with it so far.

X-2
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mmwtdh wrote:

Mmwtdh
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was prepped for a rear Furrion. I bought one with the 5" and it works good for me.

I turn my lights on when traveling so it is on all the time.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 7" and like it with only a rear view camera.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate