cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prest-O-Fit Sewer Hoses

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Those of you who use this sewer hose system, how do you secure the fittings in the ends of the hoses?
13 REPLIES 13

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Low and behold, out of the blue, they emailed me today offering to replace the defective hose. Probably will still change to a different system. Not sure what it will be. I have a metal hose support that the larger fittings will not fit in.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I have several hoses and fittings that are about 13 years old and the female ends are shrinking so I ground down all the male fittings to make sure that they don't split those old shrunken ends
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I quit using them several years ago when the coupling that slips over the fittings started cracking and would not hold the SH!T in.

They sent me replacements but the same thing happened.

Really not the best idea to have something rely on compression.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried several times to contact the manufacturer with no response. This will be my last purchase of their products. Zero customer service. As you can see, I have tried for over a year. I give up !!

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I sent a message, but no response yet.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me, I would give the manufacturer a call and see what they suggest.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that, but maybe I had them too tight. They leaked.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use them but if your worried about them coming off you can buy hose clams with a thumb screw fitting instead of the screwdriver fitting to tighten the connection that's what I do if I'm going to leave them hooked up for a long period of time
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Wow, never had one do that! Hope this isn't indicitive of their latest quality.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the factory ends come off ! I also have used them for many years.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You just push them together and they stay. If you can just pull them apart easily, you're not pushing them together tight enough. I have to give them a little twist to eaze seperation. I've been using them for more than 10 years and have never had them slip apart in use.
I started using them because they fit better in my storage spot better than the conventional type.

Or are you saying the factory end came off? If so, it's bad.

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
The reason for my question is, I just purchased o new hose and I am able to pull the connectors right off. I have never had this happen before. One of my older hoses has a cracked fitting on one end and I want to replace it. Wondering if I use some adhesive caulk, that would work. Don't want any "surprises" !!

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
Those of you who use this sewer hose system, how do you secure the fittings in the ends of the hoses?

The fittings are glued into the hose. I have been using them for a number of years and have never had one come apart nor have I had the slip together joints come apart while dumping.