Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Would You Camp at a Place Like This??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Would You Camp at a Place Like This??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Lwiddis

Camping near Pearsonville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Basically, very private?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

95% of the people on this site don't camp...they park their Rv on a concrete pad 10' from another RV and hook up everything they took from home.....

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure if I needed hookups. Privacy is everything for me. I don't care about "facilities" because it means a crowd. I only use hookups once in awhile.
It doesn't matter what we think, only what you think.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

95% of the people on this site don't camp...they park their Rv on a concrete pad 10' from another RV and hook up everything they took from home.....
And enjoy every minute of it. Is that a problem? Until all the hanging lights come on.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Different ideas for everyone as to what makes a great campsite. For us, we camp totally primitive, full hookups, or where ever we end up for the night. We are road trippers, not destination campers. Being close to Disney is a big turn off for us.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That would be more of a stop-over setup for us and I would expect to pay at most, in the low $30 range.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you asking us to help you decide what kind of campground YOUd like to stay at??
Rofl.
I thought maybe you were buying some property and planned on renting out a few sites.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've stayed on the site below that's also about an hour from Disney, has full hookups, stores about 5 miles away, and costs about $12/night at the monthly rate plus electric and about $24/night at the daily rate for members, or $14 and $28.50 for non-members.

[image]

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I assume your business plan includes just ignoring the mundane things actual park owners have to contend with. Things like liability insurance, permits, licenses, inspections, environmental rules, water testing etc. I suppose the "I hope nothing goes wrong" approach may work for a two site park, or it may not. If it does work, no problem, if it doesn't, only you know what you can lose. If you have assets, being sued for a few hundred thousand because someone tripped and broke their hip may or may not be a big hit. If you are otherwise broke, too bad for the injured party.
But how do you expect people to find these sites in the first place? You surely can't afford to advertise with only two sites to potentially generate income. Even if you do some basic advertising, most people are going to just discount everything you say about the place and assume it is really just someone looking to collect $50 in exchange for allowing them to park in their driveway. If getting there requires turning off the main roads and down side streets, alleys and country lanes you lose a big percentage of potential customers. Very few people are going to take a two site park seriously. Today, with the internet, it is easy to research places to stay even while traveling down the road. For almost everyone, an unknown place with two sites in the middle of who knows where for $50.00 isn't a chance they are going to take.
How do you plan on collecting the site fees? Are you going to be there every day and night 365 days a year? Doubtful you are able to take credit cards, so are you going to be strictly cash? Our real life experience is that less than 10% of customers pay in currency, if it wasn't for our ability to accept credit and debit cards we would be out of business instantly. There are a whole lot of roadblocks for something like you propose to actually work out. Good Luck.

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

I assume your business plan includes just ignoring the mundane things actual park owners have to contend with. Things like liability insurance, permits, licenses, inspections, environmental rules, water testing etc. I suppose the "I hope nothing goes wrong" approach may work for a two site park, or it may not. If it does work, no problem, if it doesn't, only you know what you can lose. If you have assets, being sued for a few hundred thousand because someone tripped and broke their hip may or may not be a big hit. If you are otherwise broke, too bad for the injured party.
But how do you expect people to find these sites in the first place? You surely can't afford to advertise with only two sites to potentially generate income. Even if you do some basic advertising, most people are going to just discount everything you say about the place and assume it is really just someone looking to collect $50 in exchange for allowing them to park in their driveway. If getting there requires turning off the main roads and down side streets, alleys and country lanes you lose a big percentage of potential customers. Very few people are going to take a two site park seriously. Today, with the internet, it is easy to research places to stay even while traveling down the road. For almost everyone, an unknown place with two sites in the middle of who knows where for $50.00 isn't a chance they are going to take.
How do you plan on collecting the site fees? Are you going to be there every day and night 365 days a year? Doubtful you are able to take credit cards, so are you going to be strictly cash? Our real life experience is that less than 10% of customers pay in currency, if it wasn't for our ability to accept credit and debit cards we would be out of business instantly. There are a whole lot of roadblocks for something like you propose to actually work out. Good Luck.

Said by an RV park owner. Ha ha ha. That's like a hotel owner posting their opinion about AirBNB.

Nothing but sour grapes and fear.

You'd probably say the same thing to someone opening a competing RV park in your town too.

Well, you're 100% wrong on nearly everything you posted.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Would You Camp at a Place Like This??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.