cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nashville with kids?

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking of a spontaneous trip next weekend to Nashville, as kids have the Presidents Day Holiday off.
Not taking TT, probably will just snag a hotel for 2-3 nights.

Is Nashville kid friendly at all? Or just all partying/bars etc?
I ask on here bc I usually get real life experience answers, versus what the internet tells me.
Also, any suggestions on must eat at restaurants would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
13 REPLIES 13

kellem wrote:
We must have been easy to satisfy as kids.

My parents took us to Nashville and the surrounding area at an early age for years and have very fond memories.

But must admit, this was early 70's and didn't start drinking til I was 9 or 10.

IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT NASHVILLE NOW..

My Bro in law was there last year and was showing us video... BIG change from when I was there, perhaps 15 yer ago..
It is ALL huge commercial bars, 3 stories, bright blinking LED lights shining the stars name who owns the bar...

bachelor parties.. bachelorette parties EVERYWHERE..

We just booked our trip for August of this year ! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
We must have been easy to satisfy as kids.

My parents took us to Nashville and the surrounding area at an early age for years and have very fond memories.

But must admit, this was early 70's and didn't start drinking til I was 9 or 10.

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Dave in TN wrote:
You should be aware that the long range forecast for the next couple of weeks here projects rain pretty much every day. It's been a dismal, cold and rainy winter here so far and that pattern doesn't appear to be changing in the near term.

If the weather doesn't dissuade you and you are still interested in a trip down this way, I'd recommend Chattanooga over Nashville for young families. Way more to interest the kids IMO. We live in Nashville and that's where we've always taken our kids.

Our weather hasn't been any better. Everything along the river is flooded.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
You should be aware that the long range forecast for the next couple of weeks here projects rain pretty much every day. It's been a dismal, cold and rainy winter here so far and that pattern doesn't appear to be changing in the near term.

If the weather doesn't dissuade you and you are still interested in a trip down this way, I'd recommend Chattanooga over Nashville for young families. Way more to interest the kids IMO. We live in Nashville and that's where we've always taken our kids.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
If you stay at the Opryland Hotel they have an indoor water park. Your children may be interested in the Adventure Science Museum for children. And as Crowe stated the Nashville Zoo would be great.
You could also consider the General Jackson Boat.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
There used to be the Opryland Theme Park but they tore it down in 1997 for businesses or condos. It was a nice park IMHO. There is the Nashville Zoo that gets good reviews. Found this website: https://www.wheretraveler.com/nashville/12-great-places-take-kids-nashville that lists places for kids. Scroll down towards the bottom.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall seeing a lot there for kids to do that would be of much interest to them. Even the Grand Old Opry would be a bit long for a two year old. If they get restless, they might create a distraction to others trying to watch the show. The gardens at Opryland are kind of neat to see. They might like that.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
It's not unfriendly meaning nothing offensive but at their ages there is not much for them. There is the Hermitage Museum which is Andrew Jackson's home that is very interresting but again a 6 year old might find the exhibits kind of cool but would the house tour put him to sleep?

Downtown is restaurants and honky tonks and a few museums like Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison and there is the Musicians Hall of Fame and things like that.

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
lol kids are 6 and 2 years old

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
My kids like "partying/bars etc" how old are your kids?

It's not really kid friendly.... I have not been there in about 15 years and I hear it has changed A LOT since then.

My Bro in law was there last year and said it was crazy!

there are tours that you could go on with the kids.... they are always nice...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My grandkids lived near there for 3 years. Not much for kids to do, other than mosey down to the lake/river.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My question would be, what do YOU plan on doing there? All I saw was country music, and not too many kids are into that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman