Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Best weight distribution hitch?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Best weight distribution hitch?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
johnd123

hm

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GT928

North Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I switched to the Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch a couple of years ago. It is easy to install. Pulls smooth and quiet with no noticeable sway. It is so much better than my old one. I pull a 30' travel trailer with a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I can barely tell it is back there. It may be a bit more expensive, but definitely worth in my opinion.

2011 Earthbound Golden Ridge
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
North Georgia

camp-n-family

London, Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

Sandia Man wrote:

With enough truck to properly haul your TT around, particularly at highway speeds, any of the WD hitches with integrated sway control should suffice. Those with less than ideal towing combos, whether it is due to not enough truck or poorly designed trailers, usually resort to Hensley or Propride hitches to achieve a sense of towing comfort while underway.

On the other hand, just because you have more than enough truck does not indicate you can forego a WD/SC hitch altogether, seen too many 350/3500 trucks crawling along the highway and still see their 30' TTs excessively swaying although they are towing well below posted speed limit. Properly set-up, TTs can be towed without noticeable sway, even when passing semi-trucks.

Yep. If a person needs a super hitch to tow with. they have more problems than sway control can fix

I agree that a “super hitch” is not a bandaid to fix a poor setup but for some of us its not a matter of “need” but more of a want. If you’ve ever tried one you will want it even if you don’t need it.

'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/20 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is always fun to read the posts on W.D. Hitches. Gets to be like the battle between the Cummins owners and the rest of us mis-guided individuals. I've towed my whole life with a round bar and a friction sway control and works great. Nope, don't tow a 30ft trailer............but I have and it still works great. Most of the deal here is making sure whatever hitch you decide on is sized right and set up right. We owned an RV shop in Central California and the only hitches we installed were Eas-Lift round bar with either a hydraulic sway control or a friction sway control. Never heard a single issue of sway or bad ride. Point being, the premium ones are great, the Blue Ox, Equalizer and Eas-Lift sway integrated are great too, but NOTHING works right if it isn't sized or installed right.

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Best weight distribution hitch?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.