cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

trailer wax

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
what do you use for protection on the exterior? smooth sided prowler camper is what I have. thanks
21 REPLIES 21

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
hondapro wrote:
Penguin if your trailer is in good condition I would not even consider using Zep floor shine on it. There are many products that are made just the gel coat. Here is one that I have used that works well, Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501.
I have been very happy with all of the Duragloss products that I have used and I am now at a point where I use nothing else on all my cars and truck.
A good website to visit is autogeek.net You can learn alot thru the forum there and can also order products.

X2, Zep is a last resort to put a shine on something that would otherwise not shine!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
Penguin if your trailer is in good condition I would not even consider using Zep floor shine on it. There are many products that are made just the gel coat. Here is one that I have used that works well, Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501.
I have been very happy with all of the Duragloss products that I have used and I am now at a point where I use nothing else on all my cars and truck.
A good website to visit is autogeek.net You can learn alot thru the forum there and can also order products.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
penguin149 wrote:
Anybody using the Zep floor shine? I bought a gallon to use this spring but am nervous about it. I may try just the front and see how that goes before committing to the entire trailer!

Zep had a big following on this forum several years ago but it's for another purpose like fiberglass that's badly oxidized beyond repair. I don't know what the long term results were but a lot of folks tried it. Seems like the initial cleaning and prep was the hardest part.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
poppa wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
I use Nu Finish. Economical and holds up well. Easy on and off too
that stuff has been around for awhile, no problems on your end? must be purty good to have been on the market as long

Iโ€™ve been using this stuff seems like forever. Trucks, cars, boats and rvs. Never noticed anything with graphics, pinstripes or sealants. I do keep it away from the roof.

It's been around forever. I started using it over 20 years ago. Many years ago Consumer Reports did a test with multiple car washes and NuFinish held up the best. Easy to apply too. Pretty cheap at WalMart.

There's a lot of other good ones out there to as others have noted.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
poppa wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
that stuff has been around for awhile, no problems on your end? must be purty good to have been on the market as long

Iโ€™ve been using this stuff seems like forever. Trucks, cars, boats and rvs. Never noticed anything with graphics, pinstripes or sealants. I do keep it away from the roof.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody using the Zep floor shine? I bought a gallon to use this spring but am nervous about it. I may try just the front and see how that goes before committing to the entire trailer!
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you wont be using a machine?

One method is to buy a synthetic clay mit to knock off the contaminants. Then an easy to apply spray on/wipe off coating that is safe for gel coat and vinyl and rubber.

The cleaner wax products are kinda like a shampoo and conditioner in one.

There are even coatings you spray on with a pressure washer and then rinse off. That's a really fast and easy way to get some protection on a large surface area like an RV or trailer.

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:

poppa
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the replies! the petro base will probably be a prob with the graphics I assume? I like mequires for my cars/trucks. quick wax or quick detail cant remember but there is no graphics on them. marcela, where do you get that?

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the stuff mentioned is petroleum based or has some petroleum in it. Could be hard on stickers or anything else not friendly to petroleum products, i.e. sealants.

For fiberglass, boat people have a pretty good selection.

I use McLube Hullkote. Citrus based and easy wipe on, wipe off. It is slick so be careful working around on top. Expensive but good and fast. I use spray bottle of water on surface to thin it out some. One bottle will do two applications on a slide in truck camper easily, maybe three.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
I use Maguires Spray wax same as the truck and the cars
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
rwess wrote:
I use Maguires cleaner wax, but no wax on the decals I have learned my lesson after 7 campers in 24 years.

This.
I use it on trucks/cars/fast boats/rv trailers/50 hp blue tractor/'hopper zero turn mower/cub cadet garden tractor....even the wifes bird feeder pole. Squirrels/coons can't climb the pole when its waxed.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides